joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice snowstorm on the Euro for interior SNE for next week, lol.

I doubt that solution a bit.

Hm.  Not sure I'd go so far as to doubt it, but I agree -- the euro tends to over due features in that time frame.  The problem?  There's a lot of potential there, Will.  Can't fumble around with -- it's a ten year old showing off his father's gun to the friend he's about to send to therapy...

Hm. Not sure I'd go so far as to doubt it, but I agree -- the euro tends to over due features in that time frame. The problem? There's a lot of potential there, Will. Can't fumble around with -- it's a ten year old showing off his father's gun to the friend he's about to send to therapy...

it's April 11th

April 5 1982  Boston...

100% blue skies and very cold high 37.  Winter Storm Watch issued for the next day.   

Clouds increased at night and low was 33F.  Blizzard warnings issued late at night

April 6 1982  temperatures continued falling in the morning into the high 20's and snow started mid morning.  It snowed hard and from 2-5pm blizzard conditions were experienced in the city with NE gales and thundersnow.  Temps continued to fall to around 20F by nightfall.

April 7 1982  Light snow and blowing snow continued until mid day.  19F was recorded that morning at Logan, record low.  High was 22F at Logan which was a record low high.  14" of snow fell from that storm.

April 8th  Mostly sunny and a high of 38F

Boston can definitely have a mid April NE/Blizzard.   This was a great late season storm, maybe Jerry remembers it too?

April 5 1982  Boston...

100% blue skies and very cold high 37.  Winter Storm Watch issued for the next day.   

Clouds increased at night and low was 33F.  Blizzard warnings issued late at night

April 6 1982  temperatures continued falling in the morning into the high 20's and snow started mid morning.  It snowed hard and from 2-5pm blizzard conditions were experienced in the city with NE gales and thundersnow.  Temps continued to fall to around 20F by nightfall.

April 7 1982  Light snow and blowing snow continued until mid day.  19F was recorded that morning at Logan, record low.  High was 22F at Logan which was a record low high.  14" of snow fell from that storm.

April 8th  Mostly sunny and a high of 38F

Boston can definitely have a mid April NE/Blizzard.   This was a great late season storm, maybe Jerry remembers it too?

It can happen ... but this isn't really the same sort of scenario. This would be a wet snow in the Euro solution.  

It's outside of D4 though, when/where the Euro has demonstrated just as much bs as any model out there.  It also has a tendency for too much trough depth in that time frame.  Neither really lends much confidence to that D6 idea.  If it holds into D4, we can start honing. 

One thing that more sticks out for me is the amazingly persistent positive low level pressure pattern N of the region. For over three days there's 1030 to 1040+mb polar high parked over eastern Ontario and eventually out to the lower Canadian Maritimes.  It's not a warm appeal, at all.  Horrible actually.  I was looking at the NAVGEM... It's got like 50 straight hours of driving easterlies into NJ with light persistent 38F mist and light rain.  Good lord!  Since most guidance and blend has that general idea of a high parked N and deep layered easterly flow, it's a good bet that Prozac prescriptions will be refilled by the end of next week.

I was just looking at May 1997 for NNE....MWN had 95" of snow that month. :lol:

And the Mansfield snow stake had a net gain between mid-April and May 10th. :lmao:

Powderfreak would have been skiing into early June that year.

There's a pic of the stake with 4 feet of depth still on May 31st, 1997...people were skiing the snowfields and Spruce glades near the summit up till mid-June that season in some of the early Internet ski blogs.

You guys wouldn't hear the end of it if that happened now...it would be stfu no one cares anymore, lol.

It can happen ... but this isn't really the same sort of scenario. This would be a wet snow in the Euro solution.

It's outside of D4 though, when/where the Euro has demonstrated just as much bs as any model out there. It also has a tendency for too much trough depth in that time frame. Neither really lends much confidence to that D6 idea. If it holds into D4, we can start honing.

One thing that more sticks out for me is the amazingly persistent positive low level pressure pattern N of the region. For over three days there's 1030 to 1040+mb polar high parked over eastern Ontario and eventually out to the lower Canadian Maritimes. It's not a warm appeal, at all. Horrible actually. I was looking at the NAVGEM... It's got like 50 straight hours of driving easterlies into NJ with light persistent 38F mist and light rain. Good lord! Since most guidance and blend has that general idea of a high parked N and deep layered easterly flow, it's a good bet that Prozac prescriptions will be refilled by the end of next week.

Dear God, please please do not have that happen . Please no

Dear God, please please do not have that happen . Please no

There's time to change things but for the time being ... it is what it is.  If it gets more confident, seriously draw the blinds and get involved with other hobbies.  What else can one do

Hm. Not sure I'd go so far as to doubt it, but I agree -- the euro tends to over due features in that time frame. The problem? There's a lot of potential there, Will. Can't fumble around with -- it's a ten year old showing off his father's gun to the friend he's about to send to therapy...

That's a disturbing analogy.

Archived