joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the emotion in the BTV AFD update..."ugh" lol...

&& Near term /until 6 PM this evening/... as of 127 PM EDT Sunday....more minor adjustments to temperatures/sky cover/pops/wx based off current trends and posn of warm front at 1 PM. Quite the variability in temperatures across our region as of early afternoon...as expected...ranging from the 60s to lower 70s in the southern slv/southern Champlain Valley...50s in a stripe in between including pbg/btv...and 40s further north and east with even a few upper 30s (ugh) lingering across far northeastern Vermont.

Like the emotion in the BTV AFD update..."ugh" lol...

&& Near term /until 6 PM this evening/... as of 127 PM EDT Sunday....more minor adjustments to temperatures/sky cover/pops/wx based off current trends and posn of warm front at 1 PM. Quite the variability in temperatures across our region as of early afternoon...as expected...ranging from the 60s to lower 70s in the southern slv/southern Champlain Valley...50s in a stripe in between including pbg/btv...and 40s further north and east with even a few upper 30s (ugh) lingering across far northeastern Vermont.

Well it's snowing at reggae fest at Sugarloaf. And I believe snowing at Saddleback as well.

Still have a light E drift so it's questionable whether the warm boundary has actually succeeded this latitude here in Ayer, but since the sun's been more actively heating we've recovered 14F in just two hours. Now 63F ...quite lovely actually, and pretty redeeming after the morning bust. We may yet find our way near 70 as near-by SW locales are at 70F and that air mass may cut in with final mix out.

Going to be the best one of the year.

That's what pisses me off.  Such a waste...an absolute garbage of a waste.  Then when May, June, and July come we'll have a SW flow dominating in the mid-levels giving us 4.5-5 C/KM lapse rates and even know temps will be 85/68 MLcape will struggle to get above 1000-1500 J/KG

That's what pisses me off. Such a waste...an absolute garbage of a waste. Then when May, June, and July come we'll have a SW flow dominating in the mid-levels giving us 4.5-5 C/KM lapse rates and even know temps will be 85/68 MLcape will struggle to get above 1000-1500 J/KG

Don't worry, if there is one thing we excel in, it's fails like these.

Talk about ripe snowpack... the base of the mountain at my 1,500ft plot is now running >40% water content as of this afternoon.

Snowpack is 14-16" deep on level ground at that elevation, and contains a whopping 6-7" of snow-water equivalent.  This is on par with the highest I've seen which is in that 40-50% water range...as last April I had a core with 64" depth and 26" SWE at 3,000ft.

15" depth at the stake if you actually get level with the snowpack.

6.5" SWE

16" depth in another spot

7" SWE

Fascinating temperature layout at 7pm... warmth is "over-shooting" New England.  Its around 50F here, 60F at BTV, and SLK (1,700ft) hit 68F. 

Must be CAD and springtime when Saranac Lake, which is usually an icebox, hits 68F while the Lakes Region of NH sits in the 30s.  The Lakes Region, where cold air damming goes to rot and die. Its even mid-40s to low 50s in Coos County north of the Whites.

RME in the Mohawk Valley of upstate NY is the winner with 79F at 7pm in the evening on April 13th!

Archived