Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When? Tuesday night?

Tuesday Rain before 5pm, then rain and snow. High near 59. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday Night Snow showers, mainly before midnight. Low around 21. West wind 12 to 17 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Rain before 5pm, then rain and snow. High near 59. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday Night Snow showers, mainly before midnight. Low around 21. West wind 12 to 17 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Yeah they'll get some snow. The whole thing will depend on if any low forms along the front. This will determine how progressive it will be.

65F high here today.  Warm night still 57F.  Peepers are out in full force.  Mosquitos around too not too many other flying insects yet.  Hopefully going below freezing night will kill off a few. Haven't seen my bat friends yet this year, hopefully will be back in force.

Took advantage of the last snow pile today with the boy.  Almost gone now.

post-919-0-56311400-1397440527_thumb.jpg

drunk would require alcohol. NNE 4-6 in spots, elevated CNE 2-3

BTV going D-1 wet snow in valleys below 1,000ft...with 1-3" hill towns and up to 5" at the very summits.

I agree with that and as much as we love the picnic tables, unfortunately they don't trigger any headlines.

I bet this is covered with a SPS on Tuesday night.

April has certainly started out better than it looked a few weeks ago. We'll see if this holds as models try to push some more troughing in the east after mid month. It's all about the wind....continental winds are great this time of year. Onshore..not so much.

Ventrice is roasting last week of April.

Hope he's right

Quite the low level inversion out there... or is it surface cold oozing in from the NE like backdoor front style?

Its hard to tell because even in the Adirondacks, there are spots that are well down in the 30s while the summits are in the 50-60F range.  Over here, one heck of a inversion this morning with 35F at my house at 750ft, but yet its 53F up at the picnic tables.

Even down in SNE area its 41F at FIT and LWM, 39F at ASH, but yet its 57F at ORH and 55F at AFN/Jaffrey in the Monadnocks.

Temps are all over the place... I really like the 55/50 at AFN at elevation, but 35/34 at VSF down in the CT Valley on the VT/NH border.

Any observation with a wind barb is like in the 50s and even 60s...while anything calm is in the 30s, haha.

Archived