12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changeable weather coming up... on the mountain we go from temps in the 60s and even low 70s today, to 50s tomorrow, and then temps in the single digits tomorrow night with snow and a high only in the low 20s on Wednesday.  Wind chills below zero, I'm all set with that crap this time of year.  Rarely a dull moment though.

Tuesday: Rain, mainly after 8am. Temperature rising to near 54 by 10am, then falling to around 37 during the remainder of the day. Very windy, with a south wind 32 to 37 mph increasing to 43 to 48 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -15. Windy, with a west wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 23 to 28 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -18. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Changeable weather coming up... on the mountain we go from temps in the 60s and even low 70s today, to 50s tomorrow, and then temps in the single digits tomorrow night with snow and a high only in the low 20s on Wednesday.  Wind chills below zero, I'm all set with that crap this time of year.  Rarely a dull moment though.

yep NB

A brisk breeze today but still recorded season high temperature so far at 78.9°F

Impressive Gust to 43mph. for my location.  

With the sunset winds will diminish. Looking forward to tomorrows Severe Thunderstorms in SNE style. ie: Couple of crackles a gust or two followed by 10 minute downpour.

Amazing amount of snow melt in the hills and mountains today.  70F and 40mph wind will do that.  Most of the ridges were covered this morning and are now bare!

Yeah its going... still finding depths of 5-6 feet from 3,000ft+ but the snow level is getting awfully close to melting out 1,500ft elevations. 

I think what you see at the higher elevations on the ridgelines is temporary snow or just the rocks melting out.  I saw pictures of a couple inches of snow in the higher elevations of the Whites yesterday, I wonder if that stuck around and then was burned off today?  I notice it a lot on our ridge here, the rocks above treeline melt out very fast and make you think its all going to disappear tomorrow, but once down into the pines and forests, its still thick and deep.

But its definitely melting...the creek behind my house that drains all of Mansfield's east side has come up like 2 feet today and is nearing bankful.  Tomorrow's rain and snow melt will be interesting.

Yeah its going... still finding depths of 5-6 feet from 3,000ft+ but the snow level is getting awfully close to melting out 1,500ft elevations. 

I think what you see at the higher elevations on the ridgelines is temporary snow or just the rocks melting out.  I saw pictures of a couple inches of snow in the higher elevations of the Whites yesterday, I wonder if that stuck around and then was burned off today?  I notice it a lot on our ridge here, the rocks above treeline melt out very fast and make you think its all going to disappear tomorrow, but once down into the pines and forests, its still thick and deep.

But its definitely melting...the creek behind my house that drains all of Mansfield's east side has come up like 2 feet today and is nearing bankful.  Tomorrow's rain and snow melt will be interesting.

Yeah Powderfreak you are right.  The areas on that I mostly see on the ridges are logged areas or ledge etc.  Mt Cardigan 3120' is the closest big mountain to me but its top is mostly exposed rock.  So days like today make it look more melted off than actually did as I can't see the forest floor.    I know RH has a big affect of melting snow I would assume a windy day like today would promote much more melting  than a calm day, especially in shady areas.

Wonder if this storm is being undersold,winds look pretty wild,convection solid,low top supercell in CMass? Helicity 663 near ORH on the NAM, 2-3 inches of rain in CT then a ppossible flash to sleet snow

Just a function of how strong the warm advection is. You can get that over 1000 with a nice LLJ and strong veering with height during a good cold season rain storm.

Not much instability but a few rumbles and heavy rain look like a good bet.

Welcome to Tip's backdoor hell from 4/18-4/23.  Looks like we "eat plenty of sh*t, and eat it and eat it and eat it again."  Come what May, we may wait till the month of May for some real nice weather... the next 5-7 days will be cold or BM on a stick for awhile with east flow, low clouds and drizzle right through Easter weekend, and maybe part of next week too.... The BM on a stick, which we will be stuck with for awhile according to Tip.  Welcome to backdoor hell, where sh*t weather is the "only weather we've got" till everyone goes coocoo unless the blinds are drawn for many days. Another way to put the weather pattern, one is stuck in a dirty bathroom with an unending maze labyrinth floor plan pattern, with no windows, lights, or airflow, and the flashlight also just ran out of batteries. There are 5,000 filthy toilets in random locations throughout that must be cleaned to get a warm front to come through. Easy to get in, almost impossible to get out. That is our backdoor pattern expounded. Maybe the oak trees dead leaves from last year fall off by Flag Day.

Archived