• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

NAM would be like 1-2 hours of S+ and total flash freeze.

Didn't see the RPM...did it show the burst of heavy snow like the NAM?

If it gets really cold, but we shut off the precip, then our chances for flash freeze obviously diminish. We get some frozen puddles but the roads would mostly dry out.

Yeah you pretty much need precip to be ongoing when temps go <0c to get a flash freeze. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 41.0° F and dropping now with heavy rain. High was 62° F around 2 PM. Winds were a lot more feisty before the front out of the south. Had a quick period of strong WNW gusts immediately after FROPA, but winds are much lighter now.

18z NAM is a solid advisory level snow here overnight, although I don't really buy it. Maybe a coating to an inch with a flash freeze around here.

My neighbor who has a residential/condo plowing and sanding business just called me asking for advice as he usually does with winter events.  NAM is now showing .20" frozen for Con NH.  I don't know what to tell him.  Could be just a slight coating of snow on the grass up here or an inch or more  of snow over sleet and frozen crap that would have to be treated first thing in the AM.  Being in the foothills of the whites many driveways and roads are quite hilly.  Doesn't look like it will be quick to go above freezing in the AM either although mid April sun will take care of anything on pavement that is exposed.  

Archived