Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the more impressive cold fronts I can remember for this time of year here...almost seems like something we'd see in the late fall.  Pretty temp gradient associated with the front along with some insane forcing right along it.  Check out fronto along the front!

It has been a good season for these kind of fronts. 

Pretty steep inversion...the frigid water to our south this time of year is helping with that.

If this were September or October, we'd probably have 70F dewpoints and mixing down frequent 50-60 knot gusts. We have a really strong and lowered LLJ, but just can't mix it down very well. But even with that we're getting 40 knot gusts.

After we had the 68 mph gust a guide wire broke loose and the anemometer got entangled. I had to climb up to free it. This is 38 mph in between squalls.

Let's really try and maximize the damage over the next few hours before the flip to snow tonight

I'm worried b/c I'm at work and I have my laptop and school stuff with me and I have to walk to the bus stop b/c I'm going to Hartford for the Wolf Pack season ticket holder party and if it's raining out my stuff will get wet.  Leaving around 4:35 PM or maybe 5:00

Much of VT is still in the 60s.  The front just passed Glens Falls, and they reported 57F on their 3pm update.  Albany is already down to the low 40s.  The orientation of the front in eastern and upstate NY is basically north-south.  In fact the Helderbergs are apprx. the same temp right now as Lake Placid.

It was in Walpole. Don't know street..I'd say a good 50ft at least. 

A friend of mine from Elementary school moved down to Florida after we graduated in 2006 to go to school...he moved back up here to Wethersfiled in 2009 just a week or two prior to the tornado and brought a new car...a tree from the tornado fell and completely totaled his car.  

Archived