• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

It's snowing out up this way...BTV at 1.5sm -SN now, too. Not sticking on the wet ground yet but nice to see again. This is the time of year when you never know if it'll be another 6 months till you see flakes again.

saw pics of accumulating snow up there,could be a surprise amount

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21z RPM was still giving 2-4" to a pretty large part of SNE....it will be interesting to watch. The NW downslope is really tough to fight if you do not have a deep ULL....but the mid-level frontogenesis will try and do its best to offset that.

saw pics of accumulating snow up there,could be a surprise amount

Chillin' with Tim Kelley, watching it snow. He just rolled into town...has good timing, heady toppers and snow haha.

I'm not sure what a surprise amount may be, but the NWS has had 4-5" on the mountain and I've got 2-4"...I still think it'll be hard to get over 4-5" even at the summits judging by the remaining precip.

21z RPM was still giving 2-4" to a pretty large part of SNE....it will be interesting to watch. The NW downslope is really tough to fight if you do not have a deep ULL....but the mid-level frontogenesis will try and do its best to offset that.

nam and gfs too,whats up with HRRR not updating

How strong is Mlvl fronto still? And through the next several hours? If it's as strong as it had been today that will work some wonders. 2-4" widespread maybe a stretch but perhaps Berks into high elevations of Litchfield can squeeze that iut

How strong is Mlvl fronto still? And through the next several hours? If it's as strong as it had been today that will work some wonders. 2-4" widespread maybe a stretch but perhaps Berks into high elevations of Litchfield can squeeze that iut

There's a nice area along the mid-level trough...mesoanalysis page shows it well

857f_sf_gif_1397608733134.gif

There's a nice area along the mid-level trough...mesoanalysis page shows it well

857f_sf_gif_1397608733134.gif

Thanks for posting that...on mobile so that's why I asked.

That's very good to see though, right along the mid-level trough. There should be a nice swath somewhere...probably north and west.

Assuming some pretty strong Mlvl dynamics associated with that as well which could help really cool down the mid-levels..

Chillin' with Tim Kelley, watching it snow. He just rolled into town...has good timing, heady toppers and snow haha.

I'm not sure what a surprise amount may be, but the NWS has had 4-5" on the mountain and I've got 2-4"...I still think it'll be hard to get over 4-5" even at the summits judging by the remaining precip.

don't know what you are looking at but ok

Radar definitely "looks" pretty healthy....however the caveat right now is underneath most of the precip behind the front, the ground obs are light and ceilings aren't that low. It tells me that low level dry air is really fighting the mid-level precip generation

Apr_15_radar845pm.gif

Though the ML fronto will try to strengthen a bit as a wave develops along the front....we'll just have to see if it is enough to spit out some S+...I'm still a bit skeptical of more than a C-1" type deal...at least outside of the highest spots in Berks/Monads/etc

Archived