Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Most of the experts who know a lot more about global circulation and ENSO than we do are hedging toward super nino and think it definitely has a shot (though they all admit it's not a lock but a distinct possibility). Szygys and soil samples can only tell you so much.

As for the "alarmist" stuff I actually haven't seen a whole lot from the national media or even the west coast going nuts. A blog post or a tweet or a brief article does not constitute out of control hype.

honestly I am tired of you denigrating my thoughts. Its a very widespread opinion that a supernino is coming by alarmists. Those global experts are not thinking more than moderate.

honestly I am tired of you denigrating my thoughts. Its a very widespread opinion that a supernino is coming by alarmists. Those global experts are not thinking more than moderate.

It is really too early for anyone to discount either scenario....both are still on the table.

ENSO forecasts in April are usually subject to pretty high error.

Cirrus. Got to 79 in ASH and FIT even with the cirrus. Even Logan got to 75 with a strong SSW wind.

Winds seem to be more southerly here, Some of the local mets had temps in the mid 70's, We did not get past 68F once we burned off the fog with temps in the 30's earlier this am, Its overcast now and 63F

Hit 75F here...back down to 73F. Peak gust 33mph. You must have decent exposure to the south.

73.1F for the high.   Brian, my view to the south and southwest is basically to the horizon.  I am sheltered to the W thru N.   They say that the old farmers always built their houses up high and with a south exposure and sheltered from to the NW,  Longer growing seasons on both ends.  My highest winds always seem to be from the S or SW.  Tomorrow should have some strong gusts.

Hit 75F here so far...just an awesome day.

We look like this right now:

4000ft...62F

2600ft...68F

2200ft...70F

1500ft...72F

750ft...75F

River is coming up quickly. This morning's 3000ft snow analysis had 64" depth and 23" of liquid. So if that were to melt it would be like getting two feet of rain, lol.

I don't really put this in a category other than a fwiw deal, but the RPM has been consistent with some sleet and snow to end this. Gives many higher el 1" to even 2" in CT and central MA. It's still out of it's 24-30 hr area where it is more trustworthy...but with the euro showing signs of a wave developing..might be something to watch. 

Archived