Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was sick...I remember that day. Highs in the mid 20s with no snow cover and full sun in early April.

Farmington COOP has recorded just two April maxima under 20, 18 on 4/8/82 and 16 on 4/6/95 - both were 7 AM obs so the highs represent the day before.  That 1995 chiller came with winds gusting well into the 40s.  Ground was bare but a winter of road treatment had left material for something of a sandstorm.

GYX is forecasting 1 - 1.5" RA from this system, probably enough to run the ice in central Maine, which could get interesting.  Outside of the ice jam potential, I still don't see that amount of rain causing anything beyond minor flooding (which could mean major for those right along flashy watercourses.)  It will, however, leave the remaining snowpack fully ripened and awaiting the next storm(s).

Looks like precip wants to split SNE to the north and South, I assume that fills in later??

It should. There is ridging overhead. BOS and ORH with good South winds yet NYC has winds out of the east to 20kts. That's going to break up precip when you have a srfc ridge overhead, but as the high moves east and the SE LLJ starts to crank, rain will sort of blossom near NYC and spread NE after 00z-02z.

It should. There is ridging overhead. BOS and ORH with good South winds yet NYC has winds out of the east to 20kts. That's going to break up precip when you have a srfc ridge overhead, but as the high moves east and the SE LLJ starts to crank, rain will sort of blossom near NYC and spread NE after 00z-02z.

I was (thinking) hoping this would help keep totals closer to .50-.75 ORH S&W; my sump needs a break! lol

Euro ensembles go from deep srly flow to deep n-ne flow...cold rain and some mixed precip poss for some next week. Looks inviting.

You gotta think that's a quick 1-2 day mild down and then back to warmer. All signals seem to want to go warm for 2nd half of April.Weeklies hopefully continue warm signal. CFS was a torch too

You gotta think that's a quick 1-2 day mild down and then back to warmer. All signals seem to want to go warm for 2nd half of April.Weeklies hopefully continue warm signal. CFS was a torch too

It doesn't look like a warm pattern to me at the moment. Not with a ridge out west and troughing in the east. This has been hinted for awhile now.

Back to the warm season DIT personality.  Mild-downs, torch, all signals go warm....sigh.  lol.

It's not healthy.

The eyes see what they want to see.  If you want it to be warm, you can convince yourself each model run has some positives for warmth.  You want snow in the winter, you can likewise convince yourself there are always snow chances out there.

There is one thing for sure though...New England climo doesn't "rush" into the warm season. 

The eyes see what they want to see.  If you want it to be warm, you can convince yourself each model run has some positives for warmth.  You want snow in the winter, you can likewise convince yourself there are always snow chances out there.

There is one thing for sure though...New England climo doesn't "rush" into the warm season. 

Well you underestimate Tolland. Cold rushes in for October, warmth rushes in during April. Ripping snow that has vis of 3/4sm and accumulates 2"/hr.

The eyes see what they want to see. If you want it to be warm, you can convince yourself each model run has some positives for warmth. You want snow in the winter, you can likewise convince yourself there are always snow chances out there.

See 2012

Why would anyone want cold and wet wx in April- sept? Warm it up, hot it up and enjoy the seasonal in season activities. It's been cold for 5 months.. Now it's the other season

It is possible to discuss weather that you don't want to happen.  The atmosphere won't hold it against you.

it is possible that there are people who want warm to hot wx when it should be that way. It's not always cool cold wet and snow

Agreed, haha. I enjoy the mild weather this time of year, and would love for two weeks of sunny and 60F San Diego weather. But that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge or have to downplay all other types of weather, lol.

Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you got?

Go UCONN.

Agreed, haha. I enjoy the mild weather this time of year, and would love for two weeks of sunny and 60F San Diego weather. But that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge or have to downplay all other types of weather, lol.

Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you got?

Go UCONN.

I mean the majority of folks that post here like hot wx in the summer such as Jerry, Dendrite, Hanrahan, and Hippy Valley. Sure there's a few oddballs like Ginx and Garth and Will who want cool and wet all year but I don't think thats the normal viewpoint. Folks want seasons to do what they're supposed to do .

Big game tonight. If they win this will be their 4th championship since 1999 , tying Duke with the most since the Wooden era. I'm pumped

It's not supposed to be hot and humid here in the summer. It is supposed to be hot and humid in Orlando during the summer. We have stretches of periods where we get heat and humidity, but our averages do not support your opinion.

Depends on your definition of humid but our dews should be in the low 60's I would guess as an average.

I wonder what the actual number is though...would be interesting to see.

Depends on your definition of humid but our dews should be in the low 60's I would guess as an average.

I wonder what the actual number is though...would be interesting to see.

Avg dews are probably close to the avg mins. That would mean mid 50s up here.

Archived