Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually was serious....I've never really spent time in VT for more than a day. I know NH and ME (esp srn ME) enough...but VT is on my list.

Haha, I read picnic tables and think joke. This is one side of VT...the tourist side mixed sort of with quasi-BTV suburbs as Stowe and Waterbury have a decent amount of folks that work in BTV. Where like Allenson lives is "real Vermont" but not areas a lot of tourists see.

What you should do is road trip up here then north to Jay Peak, then cut back across to Pittsburg, NH and down through the Presidentials and Whites. That would really be a cool loop to do, as Jay Peak to Pittsburg would be about as lonely as you can get for backwoods areas, haha.

Haha, I read picnic tables and think joke. This is one side of VT...the tourist side mixed sort of with quasi-BTV suburbs as Stowe and Waterbury have a decent amount of folks that work in BTV. Where like Allenson lives is "real Vermont" but not areas a lot of tourists see.

What you should do is road trip up here then north to Jay Peak, then cut back across to Pittsburg, NH and down through the Presidentials and Whites. That would really be a cool loop to do, as Jay Peak to Pittsburg would be about as lonely as you can get for backwoods areas, haha.

Stuff I should have done pre-child...lol. I will eventually. A local show called "Chronicle" always highlights spots in New England to visit and there has been many episodes on VT. Stowe was one of them.  I know I joke about your fake snow..picnic tables etc...but I do want to visit. I clown around because I'm pretty much just that. I admire your snow passion up there.

August 2, 1975.  Along with July 3, 1966 in NNJ, the hottest days I've experienced.  Hot Saturday included 100 at water's edge in BHB.

It's out at day 10-11, but gfs has a pretty strong flood showing up in our part of the world - several days of 50s-60s then a 3" rain event.  Hoping it's as wrong as 10th day models usually are.

Lol....I went to Bradley Beach 7/3/66 and the sand was unwalkable. You had to breach people's blankets.

Unless one visits northern Maine.  There used to be (may still be) a sign as one heads north from Patten on Route 11, saying "Next services 39 miles."  And on that stretch, the nearest pavement to the west is about 100 miles away, in Quebec.  I think my record for fewest vehicles met on that section is two, when the truckers weren't hauling, of course.

12z makes two successive gfs runs with the mid-month flooding rains. May it never come to pass.

Unless one visits northern Maine. There used to be (may still be) a sign as one heads north from Patten on Route 11, saying "Next services 39 miles." And on that stretch, the nearest pavement to the west is about 100 miles away, in Quebec. I think my record for fewest vehicles met on that section is two, when the truckers weren't hauling, of course.

12z makes two successive gfs runs with the mid-month flooding rains. May it never come to pass.

Ensembles hint at this too. Hopefully it's progressive.

Clouds of varying layers today, with the low clouds hanging around the valley at 750-1,200ft and then the next layer around 3,000ft+ with a fairly persistent mid-elevation dry layer.  Must be springtime in New England with ice/ZR and a coating of snow on the trees and temps which struggled through the 30s.

Sunshine and 50F+ for like 3-4 days would be much welcomed...I'm losing the desire to look outside at 12-13" of granular snowpack all over the yard.  Looks more like ice shavings outside a hockey rink in July than snow at this point.

Archived