CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd certainly like to see the winter end on a high note, but we can't have everything

whether it snows or not Tues night/Wed morning, it's in the 60's by Friday and the back of winter is essentially broken

I'm satisfied with this winter and excited about the NINO/east QBO/cold pool off NS for next winter, which will be here before you know it

Disagree. This is America. We can have everything. It was 70 imby last Sunday and then 24 hours later I'm using my snowblower. GEFS are west of OP so I'm hanging in until tomorrow's 12z runs.

Disagree. This is America. We can have everything. It was 70 imby last Sunday and then 24 hours later I'm using my snowblower. GEFS are west of OP so I'm hanging in until tomorrow's 12z runs.

Its spring. I like today's weather. I am ready. That being said it is still fun to track what will be a very impressive storm. Its kinda fun because I couldn't care less whether it snows here or not. But objectively, I think there is a reasonable chance. GFS is not bad, NAM out of its range is implying something, and SREFs came quite a bit west in one run. Euro and GGEM are certainly not lost causes. Tonight's runs need to show some earlier/deeper amplification overall, and I agree by 12z tomorrow it will be pretty much etched. Still some time.

@BigJoeBastardi: ECMWF ensembles Wed AM 100 miles nw of yesterdays idea, but not as moist yet as operational. Trend NW should continue IMO

The Euro ensembles are the only thing trending west if what he is saying is true. The gfs is actually trending east, and the Euro has stayed pretty consistent.

We're within 72 hours of onset, most models have the storm too far east to gives us more than a glancing blow. They have been showing this quite consistently for a couple of days. Too little snow falling during the day on March 25th is not going to give us any accumulation except maybe a little on the grass. Can things change? Anything is possible. Are they going to change? Probably not how we want it to.

LC stubbornly holds on to the idea of a I-95 storm, says all guidance has shifted west and is hugging the UKMET, stating it specializes in bombogenesis events...

He's surfing the equatorial breach.

18Z RGEM 700mb vert motion sort of looks nice down along the Gulf of Mexico as there are some decent uvv's further west than the 18z runs of the NAM and GFS...but I am likely grasping, I know

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?mod=gemreg&run=18&stn=WW700&hh=054&map=na&stn2=TT850&run2=18&mod2=gemreg&hh2=054&comp=1&fixhh=1〈=en

18Z RGEM 700mb vert motion sort of looks nice down along the Gulf of Mexico as there are some decent uvv's further west than the 18z runs of the NAM and GFS...but I am likely grasping, I know

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?mod=gemreg&run=18&stn=WW700&hh=054&map=na&stn2=TT850&run2=18&mod2=gemreg&hh2=054&comp=1&fixhh=1&lang=en

It's likely over bud.   I'm calling time of death tonight after 0z runs if things don't shift.

The Antarctican Model is predicting 10 feet of snow over Ian's house, with nothing on any of his neighbor's property. :)

That said....

Getting hard to say we have a chance of much anymore. Models are lock-step to our east now for over a day. Maybe some fringing. Plus surface temps are looking marginal even if it is snow here - likely little to no accumulation even if we get several inches. To me the 12z ECMWF and 18z GFS just seal it. Things might shift west, but it is getting less and less likely.

I'm pretty well confident this one will miss us. Much of what we receive Tuesday will be from upper leve support. Upper trough pattern is too progressive for us.

Still a cool storm. Wonder if it'll really get sub 960mb.

Archived