• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

Looking forward to more York posts over the coming days.

I will personally spam you with an endless parade of personal mail containing deck photos and temperature readings every 15 minutes from start to finish.

I doubt anything will stick here though so the observations will be white rain.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry.. look how it handles the main low. Not even remotely close to the globals. What a freaking waste of time to discuss it.

Agreed. It would be one thing if it were just edging a strong coastal west of the rest of the models. It'd still probably be wrong, but heck, I'd definitely be grasping at it! But look at this mess and compare it to the globals....

bydu4ysa.jpg

Agreed. It would be one thing if it were just edging a strong coastal west of the rest of the models. It'd still probably be wrong, but heck, I'd definitely be grasping at it! But look at this mess and compare it to the globals....

bydu4ysa.jpg

I know 'it's a weather forum' and all that but multiple nam snowmaps and talk of York jackpots a bit much. If it was handling the main low better maybe it's on to something but given it's not everything else is pretty suspect. Might as well focus on the euro ens being west last night. Much better grasping material.

All models have been consistently showing us getting some precip from the ul energy swinging through and getting pulled into the coastal. The coastal track hasn't improved in days. We are quite unlikely to get ccb/deform precip here but the interaction between the ul energy and slp could be interesting. Maybe a couple inches depending on timing and surface temps. Maybe more than a couple inches (like 4-5 if the stars align).

Globals are going to broad brush the evolution so they will always appear smoothed out. High res short range stuff could raise a few eyebrows tonight and tomorrow. Tricky process and moving parts.

All models have been consistently showing us getting some precip from the ul energy swinging through and getting pulled into the coastal. The coastal track hasn't improved in days. We are quite unlikely to get ccb/deform precip here but the interaction between the ul energy and slp could be interesting. Maybe a couple inches depending on timing and surface temps. Maybe more than a couple inches (like 4-5 if the stars align).

Globals are going to broad brush the evolution so they will always appear smoothed out. High res short range stuff could raise a few eyebrows tonight and tomorrow. Tricky process and moving parts.

Think we basically have one real window with that heaviest burst.. plus perhaps anything that arrives before sunrise.  Unless we get a shift anything more than 1-2" seems a stretch and even that might be tricky.

Think we basically have one real window with that heaviest burst.. plus perhaps anything that arrives before sunrise. Unless we get a shift anything more than 1-2" seems a stretch and even that might be tricky.

As is, totally agree. t-2 would be a "solid hit" from what's being advertised. Could end up with a couple enhanced bursts depending on the interaction. Maybe a little more dynamics and squeeze than we expect. Maybe I'm in a good mood from a great day yesterday and my glasses are rosy. I could easily see a modest surprise though. Not widespread but a stripe or 2 somewhere nearby. Or in my yard.

As is, totally agree. t-2 would be a "solid hit" from what's being advertised. Could end up with a couple enhanced bursts depending on the interaction. Maybe a little more dynamics and squeeze than we expect. Maybe I'm in a good mood from a great day yesterday and my glasses are rosy. I could easily see a modest surprise though. Not widespread but a stripe or 2 somewhere nearby. Or in my yard.

I'll consider 1-2" a win

I do know I wouldn't want to be ENE where every slight model in each run changes from a few inches to a few feet... they need nerves of steel on this one

Think the signal is for some sort of frontogenesis band in that good panel. I'd like to see the model show temps at freezing before getting too excited though it would prob be nice to watch as is. If for some reason we can time it perfectly to get something on the ground before sunrise and then heavier bands maybe. Any accum at this pt is a win..

Think the signal is for some sort of frontogenesis band in that good panel. I'd like to see the model show temps at freezing before getting too excited though it would prob be nice to watch as is. If for some reason we can time it perfectly to get something on the ground before sunrise and then heavier bands maybe. Any accum at this pt is a win..

Yea, I'm interested in the high res short range stuff when we get closer. The vort pass is pretty good and there's a bunch of little pieces mixed in. It would be pretty funny if somwhere in our area scored the jackpot relative to everywhere else. There's been some hints that the best precip on land could in fact be the ul energy swinging through here but the bombing low being too far east for everyone. We'll see what the euro says. I'm just in it for the novelty. I'm starting to read about tstorms now so I don't look like a complete noob in a month or so. lol

Archived