CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care if people talk about it. I just don't always get it.  But I'm kind of dense.

Lol just read the various discussions from NWS and WPC...The NAM is being given zero consideration in the current forecast products. In the latest MDD, in 2 different places its says- FINAL PREFERENCE: NON-00Z NAM SOLUTION.

No NAM hugging y'all.

great points and explanation is outstanding, if there was going to be any vacillations it will occur shorty in the models, My memory goes to the VD storm several years ago!!

Wasn't proper "sampling" when all the "pieces were on the board" one of the things HM was saying was at the very least overdone in this day and age?? I thought it was.

Wasn't proper "sampling" when all the "pieces were on the board" one of the things HM was saying was at the very least overdone in this day and age?? I thought it was.

It is when weenies say it lol. Seriously, in most cases it probably makes little difference....but just look at the pieces of energy and their current locations..a lot of real estate to cover and critical timing involved wrt to phasing. A tiny error at initialization when extrapolated could make enough of a difference to affect sensible weather at game-time. It really amazes me the models are as good as they are when you see the current location of the features involved in developing this monster low just 2+ days from now.

It is when weenies say it lol. Seriously, in most cases it probably makes little difference....but just look at the pieces of energy and their current locations..a lot of real estate to cover and critical timing involved wrt to phasing. A tiny error at initialization when extrapolated could make enough of a difference to affect sensible weather at game-time. It really amazes me the models are as good as they are when you see the current location of the features involved in developing this monster low just 2+ days from now.

relative to the Earth, models are amazing at 72 hrs+

relative to any weenie's back yard? naso much

Thanks! Seems like complete agreement w all models that the main low that is going to end up too far off shore for anything significant and definitely not historic for the mid Atlantic. Doubtful any sampling today or tomorrow is going to change that.

I'm not sure I'd think any solution is that etched in stone at 48 hrs+ even if the models seem headed one way

I'm not sure I'd think any solution is that etched in stone at 48 hrs+ even if the models seem headed one way

Agree. Still a decent shot of a 2-4 inch event I-95 points east, and the further NE the better shot at something more significant. A lot would have to change to get MD-N.VA-DE into a heavy snow event. Not impossible at this lead.

Agree. Still a decent shot of a 2-4 inch event I-95 points east, and the further NE the better shot at something more significant. A lot would have to change to get MD-N.VA-DE into a heavy snow event. Not impossible at this lead.

Is 2-4 really even on the table for 95 and East? I honestly haven't been paying too much attention to this potential storm for the last 2-3 days.

of course, Ian and Matt's fav model, the NAM, is really trying to yank that coastal back in to us, or at least some of its moisture  lol

yeah, you got me looking at it now. The 12Z NAM drops .5 (DC) to nearly an inch (N and NE MD) of liquid thru 66. and I know snow maps are a bad deal, but they put down 5"+ from Northern AA on north and NE.

yeah, you got me looking at it now. The 12Z NAM drops .5 (DC) to nearly an inch (N and NE MD) of liquid thru 66. and I know snow maps are a bad deal, but they put down 5"+ from Northern AA on north and NE.

the only thing that makes the NAM even remotely plausible (if at all) is that there is a huge moisture source in the Atlantic with that slp offshore from which to draw

of course, Ian and Matt's fav model, the NAM, is really trying to yank that coastal back in to us, or at least some of its moisture  lol

I like the NAM for stuff it's supposed to be used for.  I'm fine siding with the WPC crew on this one though.

Archived