CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Data is data...it's still good to look at. Do I have to remind Ian how he swung and missed on the March 17th storm?

I love when people who never put out a forecast go after others who forecast everything and miss once in a blue moon so by all means go for it.

More model data is good. All serves a purpose. Remember, the SREFs were born 1 year after the Jan 2000 surprise snowstorm. Retrospective analysis has shown that had the SREFs been available at that time, they would have had at least a 40% chance of snow for this area, giving a heads up and a not so surprise storm. 

I will say that the 00z Nam does have a decent amount of QPF for the DC metro and surrounding burbs on Tuesday though it looks overdone on the wraparound. Wraparound snows hardly work out like the models suggest for this area.

I can't recall any Norlun troughs in the area like shown on the nam. Maybe further northeast. Nonetheless it looks nothing like the globals so it's only worth talking about because this is a weather board and that's what we do. Or something.

I just hope Ian appreciates all the hard work I've done compiling the NAM stats this evening

I'm hoping he notices what a conscientious  worker I am worthy of Moderator position    :bike:

I don't really care if people talk about it. I just don't always get it.  But I'm kind of dense.

Archived