joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18/14 Clipper OBS Thread

dryslot

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see some lighter stuff pushing into LItchfield county from New York... But its not the sn+ weve been experiencing here, unless the radar is deceiving.

Here's a closeup image of a scene about 1/4 mile away during the heaviest snow in eastern Dutchess Co (bordering Litchfield), a few minutes ago. I'd be surprised if anybody picks up an inch with this batch, but it's nice a scene outside nonetheless.

I see some lighter stuff pushing into LItchfield county from New York... But its not the sn+ weve been experiencing here, unless the radar is deceiving.

There may be some occasional +SN in there, but not steady stuff. That shortwave is going to pinwheel towards LI and this will really begin to take off for eastern areas.

It's interesting that both the BOX and OKX radars have downtown Springfield cut off from the main snow but it's snowing at a decent clip here.

There's been efficient lift in the lowest levels today.  It was the same story here earlier when we were at least in reasonable proximity to the main bands.  But once everything shifted well east we shut off.    Beams are a mile over our heads.

Sitting in the "food court" at the museum of science with the family. Looks like about 1/2 to 3/4 mile visibility looking towards to back bay. Should be a fun drive home to Raynham this afternoon.

Actually not quite the zoo that I was expecting here. Snow just have scared people away.

Edit: dropped to definite 1/2-1/4 now as the Pru has disappeared.

Archived