joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/18/14 Clipper OBS Thread

dryslot

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's always premature noose-tying and premature spiking of footballs 1-2 hours into events. :lol:

Well given that odd break of sunshine at PWM, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to have the same thought and call it a bust (especially after the last event). I just foresee a spree of accidents this evening.

I will be issuing an SPS when the snow is about to enter NH to make sure people understand this is going to be a short duration but a blitz.

So I've been driving through the THICK of this through the Geography and Time.

Started driving from Cumberland to Portland, CT at 10am. Might as well be a Storm Chaser cause what is more perfect for this storm?

Heavy Snow the whole way and roads are bad. And WHAT IS UP WITH THAT LINE West of Hartford!? Like, weenies must be committing suicide since as the storm is coming up it Still is just keeping that line haha.

So I've been driving through the THICK of this through the Geography and Time.

Started driving from Cumberland to Portland, CT at 10am. Might as well be a Storm Chaser cause what is more perfect for this storm?

Heavy Snow the whole way and roads are bad. And WHAT IS UP WITH THAT LINE West of Hartford!? Like, weenies must be committing suicide since as the storm is coming up it Still is just keeping that line haha.

Been sitting right inside that edge in the sn+.  But it looks like what had been a fairly hard western edge is starting to erode and push east.. Wouldnt be surprised for this to start ramping down precipitously in the next 30 minutes or so.

Been sitting right inside that edge in the sn+.  But it looks like what had been a fairly hard western edge is starting to erode and push east.. Wouldnt be surprised for this to start ramping down precipitously in the next 30 minutes or so.

The vort moving in from the west is blossoming the snow out in Western Ct..There's reports of S+ out there too now.All translates east

Well, radar does look pretty "meh" west of here... the eastern shift will really lower totals for MPM, Chris, possibly me

Not complaining, just looking at now

Of course...I think we outlined that there was a subtle shift E that lessens the snows the further W and SW you go. I'm responding more to posts that tend to use the first hour or two of an event to scream boom or bust.

That is different than examining model trends from last night and early this morning that definitely had a bit of a shift eastward.

You'll do fine...I think 4-6" totals are good for most of ORH county. I think this will move to quickly to get a lot fo warning totals, but if it comes down hard enough, I could be wrong. Further west is going to be lower since they are out of the commahead.

Archived