SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Obs for "The Storm That Wouldn't Say NO"

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in Woodbridge who can corroborate? Looks like I may be closing in on 2 inches, but I need verification from others in the area. It does not make sense. There are posters in more favored areas who don't have that much yet.

Still steady moderate snow here in Woodbridge/Dale City Va 20 miles SSW of Washington. 22 degrees. NNE winds gusting occasionally to 17 mph. I thought this was supposed to be kind of a wet snow? It's blowing off the roofs at times like it did back in the Jan 21 snowstorm.

I am close to 2 inches in Haymarket and it is pouring snow right now. Not a wet snow at all and hopefully remains that way.

Peeking at the Central/southern VA thread...looks like it's switched over to sleet in the RIC area (esp south in the Tri-cities) following that death band.  Reports of ~4 inches in the Midlothian area.

Switch to sleet sooner than expected down there? 

Brian - I am sitting at about 4.3" here in Midlothian. Still 100% snow but I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

Brian - I am sitting at about 4.3" here in Midlothian. Still 100% snow but I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

Yeah, I heard that not too far off to your east, it has switched over.

I was hoping you guys would last a while longer this evening/early overnight...that would have been a good sign for those of us DC-Balt and points east toward the Bay..

dailylurker, on 12 Feb 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

Radar is looking down right awesome. Big time rates coming up through VA onto southern md. Yeah, I won't be sleeping for a while.

I'm getting some incredible rates at the moment. I'm quite impressed with this storm.

Archived