joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Obs for "The Storm That Wouldn't Say NO"

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate/Heavy snow at Navy Yard (DC) --- piling up big time now. Temp is holding steady at 22 degrees (tends to be on the cold side using the weatherbug station at Nationals Stadium but only by a couple degrees). Definitely approaching or already passed an inch (will measure in a bit).

I just played the Nexrad regional loop. It seems like the returns to the south and west are drying out? Lots of gaps in the precip developing. And look at that sh!+ off the NC coast. Was this modeled? Precip looks spotty once the "deathband" pushes through around 2am if more precip does not develop.

it's just starting

I just played the Nexrad regional loop. It seems like the returns to the south and west are drying out? Lots of gaps in the precip developing. And look at that sh!+ off the NC coast. Was this modeled? Precip looks spotty once the "deathband" pushes through around 2am if more precip does not develop.

You really need to take a break from these boards.

LoL, you really are determined to troll no matter how good the radar and model runs look, I'll give you credit for sticking to it no matter what

Steady moderate SN pouring in Dale City Va, 20 miles SSW of DCA with 22 degrees. Have a delightful, refreshing light breeze out of the NNE as well. 1.3 inches on all surfaces, lawns really looking better and better with time. Even larger dendrites mixing in. This stuff looks incredible in the streetlights. Very, very sparkly as other posters have mentioned

btw, so I can make relevant observations, can someone please define -sn, sn and +sn for me?

snow intensity is based on the visibility as long as you don't have fog. 

Visibility greater than 1/2 mile is considered light

between 1/4 and 1/2 mile vis is moderate

below 1/4 mile is light.

It can be tough to judge at night. 

dont worry about that....that will fill in....more importantly look southwest....there is like <1% chance we dry up before dawn

Snow looks to be moderate here.  Thinking from the sounding I looked at someone around 09Z may here thunder if they are up.

Well I'm hoping it happens in MoCo....my daughter is asking me if it will happen as she has heard me fantasize about it. I told her it getting  Thunder-snow is like spotting a unicorn...lol

Archived