joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-3" total, well under most forecasts and now rain and sleet.  Tough week for forecasters for this area, no advisories when we had over 4_ and warnings when we had under 3. 

SWFE's almost always bust here with a more rapid flip and also most of the heavier precip N&W.  Good luck guys.

I'm probably in the 5-6" range right now.

2-3" total, well under most forecasts and now rain and sleet.  Tough week for forecasters for this area, no advisories when we had over 4_ and warnings when we had under 3. 

SWFE's almost always bust here with a more rapid flip and also most of the heavier precip N&W.  Good luck guys.

I'm surprised, and was wrong. I expected at least 4-5", even based on upstream obs at dawn. Can't find a single forecast, NWS or otherwise, that had you that low.

Looks like the southern tier area of NY around BGM is in a lull.  They might be mostly done. :yikes:  At least with the heavy stuff.  Fortunately they picked up around 6" in 2 hours and 10" in 4 hours overnight.  The heaviest stuff pushed east and southeast of there.  The Saratoga region into VT kind of missed out a little bit.  But hopefully the decaying mid-level fronto stuff lingers this afternoon...

Archived