joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those watching the r/s line -- still all snow in my hood in Woonsocket. It was fine sugar for the last few hours, then changed to nice flakes.  Actually coming down pretty good. Expecting IP/ZR/Rain any time from now on, but still accumulating at the moment.

5 inches or so, 29f, no wind to speak of.

Happy snow day, and thanks for all the great analysis.

was gonna ask about that

Will how are surface/BL temps for Bos area later for that

It has BOS near freezing at the sfc but like -6C at 900mb...its cold in the BL. Should be additional snow accums. There could be a brief pinger right before that, but the ML warmth collapses SE.  

Dry slot racing in from the southwest.  Won't be too sorry to see the sleet go.  Is it me, or did yesterday's models (even excluding the NAM) overdo the warm push in CT?  The sleet line not even reaching the MA border seems a bit of a surprise.

attachicon.gifRAD_KOKX_N0R_ANI_3.gif

The sleet line is about as modeled yesterday. It makes its furthest north push around 17-18z which is still a few hours away. But as was also modeled, most of the qpf falls before that happens.

The sleet line is about as modeled yesterday. It makes its furthest north push around 17-18z which is still a few hours away. But as was also modeled, most of the qpf falls before that happens.

It's all working out fine.  Back in the day Drag would have adjusted us down, down this way....but other than that it all was about as modeled.

Actually fit climo very well.

What a meteorological slugfest here of heavy snow, sleet, sleet/snow and then snow again.

Pretty sweet down there - looks like the sleet makes a push then washes out. Usually that happens further north around ORH but this one has the battle zone just north of HFD and on an east-west line.

Wonder if Kevin is still pinging or if he managed to mix back to all snow. Looks like on  dual pol he should be all very heavy snow or snow/sleet mix now.

Snow / Sleet Mix. 5.5"

Not enjoying this now.

You can't be that far from me -- I am on Walnut Hill road, off Diamond Hill. It is completely ripping flakes here now, much more since my last post. Maybe the r/s line can dip down a few miles for you. More likely, it will bump up to me.

Huge parachute flakes and plenty of them -- probably the last hurrah before the inevitable.

Archived