CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just waiting for warmer weather so the weenies and trolls will leave Amwx.

his problem is he thinks he lives in a snowbelt and averages 200 inches a year. When in reality he averages about 7 and has around 5 inches on the year. Another light snow and he will be at average or above for the year.

I think the drought that was predicted for the area is going to happen. It's been nearly a month now since the I-85 corridor in the Carolinas has had .50  or better of rain. And what was supposed to be a big rain event in this area tonight and tomorrow looks like light showers now. And if the GFS is right, this weekend is dry. We have went from the chance to get 3-5 inches of rain to now maybe getting .50 for the 7 days starting on Feb 1.

:axe: 

I've had 0.63" in the past 36 hours.... There's no chance of a drought anytime soon in the central carolinas.

Nobody is talking about fantasy storms? You dont understand the definition of fantasy storms if you think the event next week falls into that category.

Well genius... if you're so damn smart then. Please explain to me why is not a fantasy storm?

Again 150+ hours out last time I checked...

Its 2-5-14... not 2-12-14

The mood swings will continue with each run... only to be lost and every body is boohooing then its brought back with in 48-72 of event only to be slap in the face with reality its a fooking rainstorm.

Actually, although likely somewhat overdone, it looks to me like much of what is shown on the linked Twisterdata clown for the 12Z GFS would really be snow. Per the 12Z GFS MeteoStar, I have HKY with 0.70" qpf in the form of mainly S/IP, with a good bit of it snow. So, 5" for them would seem reasonable. I have GSO with 0.90" qpf in the form of S/IP. For some reason, it is the Euro clowns that are most overdone and they're downright awful, especially when there is lots of ZR.

Well genius... if you're so damn smart then. Please explain to me why is not a fantasy storm?

Again 150+ hours out last time I checked...

Its 2-5-14... not 2-12-14

The mood swings will continue with each run... only to be lost and every body is boohooing then its brought back with in 48-72 of event only to be slap in the face with reality its a fooking rainstorm.

So we're only supposed to talk about what the weather is going to be like tomorrow?

Archived