CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Ohio tonight, some areas >4" of liquid... but it wasn't liquid.

ohio_radar.png

Just got back from Southern Ohio on Saturday and radar has looked like it is straight up dumping snow, sleet and probably some freezing rain up where I just was. I will say I'm glad I missed this one as being stuck in a hotel room and not being able to enjoy the storm would SUCK but I've been use to missing out these past three winters as I always seem to miss any chance of winter weather here at home and the big storms up there Headed back Sunday depending on the weather, might have to delay that a day or two.

MCI has been on fire the past few years, they average roughly what the MA averages, 20" a season but they have been killing it, thinking that switches east next year and we kill it :sled:

Yeah, they've done well. I keep up with it because we have to close our service center there occasionally. Maybe one day, it'll be our turn again.

Ok, rant here. It is amazing to me how much snow the rest of the country has gotten (and is getting) and how we absolutely cannot buy a decent one. Dot get me wrong, I am very grateful for the inch I got last week and it was beautiful, but it wasn't even enough to make a snowman with. Meanwhile, the rest of the country has been literally digging out, and many places that historically get very little have seen multiple events. Now, yes, I know this is the southeast but it's not like we aren't supposed to see some snow, and its not like we haven't had any cold or precipitation. How can we not have possibly threaded the needle at least one or two solid times? This is crazy!  :axe: Ok, done now.

It's amazing. When we had that Snowstorm or rainstorm for some last week, yall were like "best event in 3 years and other bull". Also some said this is all I need now, then the same ones are complaining. Haha.

Well it was rather disappointing for some and what they expected to be enough wasn't nearly so, particularly in the Triangle area.  Expecting 4-6 with some on the board going a bit higher then that.  Then they eek out an inch or two. 

TW

It's amazing. When we had that Snowstorm or rainstorm for some last week, yall were like "best event in 3 years and other bull". Also some said this is all I need now, then the same ones are complaining. Haha.

Snow is like a drug, you always want more. People that say they are happy with their inch, are deep down just looking for the next score!

I was pretty satisfied with the 3 inches I saw around here and it was the best event I've seen not just in 3 years, but also the coldest snowstorm since Jan 2011. Stayed in the 20-25 degree range through a large part of it, weird thing is the roads and sidewalks didn't start icing over in my neighborhood until after sunset except up on the hilly end of my street. You could have gone ice skating or played hockey in the street up there.

That was a nice clipper on the 00z GFS.

48 hours ago, the 00z GFS gave much of central NC 12-24" of snow.  Now, we get nothing but sunshine in the 50s while a glorified clipper runs along the northern tier of the country (and hits New England) while a low scoots out to sea to our south.

I kind of hope the Euro trends towards to the GFS just a little, because otherwise this would be just embarrassing for the GFS.  It has to, no way it can be this bad.

One good thing about a total whiff as far as snow goes for the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic is that it will make those WeatherBell Euro snowfall maps that were being spread around on social media a few days ago look ridiculous...

True dat

At least for all the SE family and friends chattering about it.

One good thing about a total whiff as far as snow goes for the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic is that it will make those WeatherBell Euro snowfall maps that were being spread around on social media a few days ago look ridiculous...

Not if the NE get's 6-10" again, for like the 8th time this year.

Archived