12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic.....reading about the coal ash spill on the Dan River. Pretty big deal down river for anyone who regularly sports the waters. Anything past Danville/ Eden looks to be impacted for years to come. No way they can clean that up. Affecting Lake Gaston as well now to the point where Va Beach is no longer drawing water. Fyi to those out east.

Panovich says pattern's favorable for a winter storm, usually time to pay attention when he's interested.

Yes he had a map of the 3 possible storm tracks which would bring snow, IP, or rain

Nice Facebook post :)

The pattern and set-up is there next week for a wintry mess. The question is going to be watching the trends in the track of the low. So far the middle track seems to be the one favored over the past several runs of the models, but all positions are still in play at this point. Stay tuned I've been talking about the pattern and it's very favorable for a winter storm in the southeast. ‪#‎ncwx‬ ‪#‎scwx‬ ‪#‎cltwx‬

My brain tells me not to get to invested in this system until the high res models can make sense out of all of the energy.  Matthew East says that the models shouldn't waffle as much with the system as it's not as complicated.  I still think I should wait until 60-72 before hand to get too excited.  Let's see if I can keep from going "ALL IN" before then.

I know someone has saved every :weenie: DGEX run for the past several years. I would love to see a slide of them. Maybe some dramatic music thrown in also..

Here is the song:

Say Something

Say something, I'm giving up on you.

I'll be the one, if you want me to.

Anywhere, I would've followed you.

And I am feeling so small.

It was over my head

I know nothing at all.

And I will stumble and fall.

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.

Anywhere, I would've followed you.

And I will swallow my pride.

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye.

Read more: Christina Aguilera - Say Something Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

I don't understand why hopes and dreams continue to be posted in pattern and storm threads.  For example,

"I hope..."

"It would be horrible if..."

That kind of stuff belongs in banter, guys.  It doesn't matter whether you like/dislike or love/hate or think it would be Nirvana/Armageddon if a model run happens to come to pass.  Bring something else to your posts in the storm/pattern threads than just simple emoticons and gut reactions.  There is no requirement that you must post every thought that ever crosses your mind in those threads.  Bring it to banter and stop cluttering up the important threads.

Pattern/storm threads should contain information concerning your own analysis or that of others, information that has been mined from all over the Internet and collected there.  If it's going to be a "horrible" ice storm, so be it.  We can express our one-liner emotional statements here, in this thread.  Everyone pretty much understands that 1.5 inches of ice would be bad for traffic and power.  It doesn't need to be restated after each model run.  Let's raise the bar a little, ladies and gentlemen.

If we just get a 1/4 of what the DGEX is showing that would be great. Of course, I could do without 1 to 2 inches of ice like the GFS had. I hope it either trends colder or has less precip. That much ice would be incredible, but it could also be devestating. The models have been pretty consistent showing some kind of winter storm for next week, whether ice or snow. Could be a huge mess.

Archived