joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also funny how some say they don't want a ice storm when they know damn well on the inside they are rooting like hell for it.

I don't mind a good ice storm   :)   I just don't like being disconnected from the outside world for days on end  :P

Serious question here! Is it bad if you are already seeing mosquitos in February? I killed a big one yesterday. We had an extremely wet last year and this year we are above rainfall as well already.

I've seen a couple this winter   :angry:   It's not often I can go an entire winter without seeing one so I'm not surprised  :lol: 

How about a little weekend appetizer!

FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW...MAINLY AFTER
MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO
SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE
WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

Also funny how some say they don't want a ice storm when they know damn well on the inside they are rooting like hell for it.

I'm rooting for it big time! I want to see a once in a decade ice storm, I'm a weather lover and just want to experience something besides rain. I love snow and ice like you love wind! :(

I'm rooting for it big time! I want to see a once in a decade ice storm, I'm a weather lover and just want to experience something besides rain. I love snow and ice like you love wind! :(

Move north then. I sure don't want it. After you been through an inch+ ice storm its something you don't want to expierence again. Trees breaking, powerlines down is not my idea of good time. 

LOL!  You are the chosen one to see years into the future

Not rocket science, even simplest minded people can understand this, in the 90's we went 7 years between 6" events, this past 10 years have been really bad for RDU as evidence by the snow totals thread, no reason to think we can't match that or even beat it, so it could be 5 or 6 more years between 6" events.  If I was a betting man I would take the over.

Not rocket science, even simplest minded people can understand this, in the 90's we went 7 years between 6" events, this past 10 years have been really bad for RDU as evidence by the snow totals thread, no reason to think we can't match that or even beat it, so it could be 5 or 6 more years between 6" events.  If I was a betting man I would take the over.

It is crazy how bad its been for you guys, I'm pulling for you guys.    Like my magical powers make a difference

I think something went down on Talkweather. I saw one of the mods threaten to five post a Queencitywx who I assume goes by the same name here. I'm sorry I missed it.

Pretty much. I called someone out for saying Robert hypes storms to generate money for this site. I've never seen Robert, even once, hype just to get views. That board is full of storm2k types anyway.

Pretty much. I called someone out for saying Robert hypes storms to generate money for this site. I've never seen Robert, even once, hype just to get views. That board is full of storm2k types anyway.

sorry I missed that. There are a few good posters over there but I mostly use it for Alabama obs. Thanks for sticking up for Robert.

I think if they said that to my face, I'd be kicking someones ass. Just a matter of principle.  :gun_bandana:

I've NEVER seen Robert do anything but shoot straight from the hip. 

I think if they said that to my face, I'd be kicking someones ass. Just a matter of principle.  :gun_bandana:

I've NEVER seen Robert do anything but shoot straight from the hip.

Good!  Thanks for doing so

sorry I missed that. There are a few good posters over there but I mostly use it for Alabama obs. Thanks for sticking up for Robert.

Wow, I have always felt when he talks about a storm he really sees it that way. He has a way with words to make things seem interesting, that's not hyping.

Well, looks more and more like we're going to have a winter storm here next week. The question is will it be two events or one big one, and how much snow vs ice. Either way it looks like a pretty decent event.

Cold rain for me    :)    

That's my story and I'm sticking to it   :P  

I :wub: cold rain    ^_^

Archived