• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

Yes, day 6 has some energy digging down to  w-Tx with SLP forming.  It will probably get shredded.

Looks a lot juicier than 18z so far.  I love looking at day 7+ storms.  Modeled Big Dogs are the only Big Dogs we get anymore.

Not if the NE get's 6-10" again, for like the 8th time this year.

Yeah, but the discussions were usually along the lines of Delaware getting 24-36" and such nonsense.  That isn't going to happen. :lol:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a lot juicier than 18z so far.  I love looking at day 7+ storms.  Modeled Big Dogs are the only Big Dogs we get anymore.

Yeah, but the discussions were usually along the lines of Delaware getting 24-36" and such nonsense.  That isn't going to happen. :lol:

We literally just went through this 48 hours ago with a GFS 7 day fantasy storm, but there is going to be another it looks like.

I have a feeling that a few extra people will be paying the 0Z Doctor a visit. Keep in mind that the 12Z Euro also had the 2/12-13 Miller A storm. This is obviously still too far out for any real confidence, especially considering the very poor GFS/Euro performance for 2/7-9. However, that poor performance doesn't necessarily mean that 2/12-13 will end up being poorly handled in retrospect. If we can keep this near textbook Miller A with cold high to the north setup going for a couple more days of GFS/Euro runs, say into 2/7, then we'd be within 5 days and could then really get excited about the potential. Until then, it really is just a crapshoot/great entertainment. If this materializes, I sure hope N GA would trend colder lol.

One thing that worries me is the tendency of Miller A lows to trend northward as one gets closer, which would be a bad thing for almost all here.

I have a feeling that a few extra people will be paying the 0Z Doctor a visit. Keep in mind that the 12Z Euro also had the 2/12-13 Miller A storm. This is obviously still too far out for any real confidence, especially considering the very poor GFS/Euro performance for 2/7-9. However, that poor performance doesn't necessarily mean that 2/12-13 will end up being poorly handled in retrospect. If we can keep this near textbook Miller A with cold high to the north setup going for a couple more days of GFS/Euro runs, say into 2/7, then we'd be within 5 days and could then really get excited about the potential. Until then, it really is just a crapshoot/great entertainment. If this materializes, I sure hope N GA would trend colder lol.

One thing that worries me is the tendency of Miller A lows to trend northward as one gets closer, which would be a bad thing for almost all here.

I should have went to bed at 10:30! I'm not staying up for the good Doc! I hope to wake up to an additional 2-3 pages, and I'll know it was positive!

Ok, rant here. It is amazing to me how much snow the rest of the country has gotten (and is getting) and how we absolutely cannot buy a decent one. Dot get me wrong, I am very grateful for the inch I got last week and it was beautiful, but it wasn't even enough to make a snowman with. Meanwhile, the rest of the country has been literally digging out, and many places that historically get very little have seen multiple events. Now, yes, I know this is the southeast but it's not like we aren't supposed to see some snow, and its not like we haven't had any cold or precipitation. How can we not have possibly threaded the needle at least one or two solid times? This is crazy!  :axe: Ok, done now.

I won't speculate as to why but pretty much everything has been kind of jacked the last couple of years.  Nothing has been approaching "normal" as it was in my first few decades living here in the South.  And it's kind of jacked up everywhere - I feel especially sorry for those folks out west with that never-ending mystery ridge offshore.

The GFS model should only be ran twice a day like the Euro. Probably get lot better performance from it then. Wx nerds and weenies should start an online petition for a twice a day run.

But Dr No( RAH) says the end result is the same. Miller A rainstorm for this weekend.

Posted this in the Pattern Discussion thread, but it probably belongs in banter, how many SLP's can one model have at one time...

gfs_mslpa_us_32.png

Archived