joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I am alone in seeing the potential in the Euro and it's Ensembles...still 5+ days out

You are not alone.  There is still tons of potential on the table.  We just have so many jaded posters.  In fact, I'm surprised that we agree in this case, as you've been pretty down for the entire winter, packbacker.  It's good to see you thinking positively!  :) 

If the storm doesn't come to fruition, we await the next threat.  There's a always a chance, until late April or so, outside the mountains.

You are not alone.  There is still tons of potential on the table.  We just have so many jaded posters.  In fact, I'm surprised that we agree in this case, as you've been pretty down for the entire winter, packbacker.  It's good to see you thinking positively!  :)

If the storm doesn't come to fruition, we await the next threat.  There's a always a chance, until late April or so, outside the mountains.

Don't worry, it won't last.  haha

Well, this time yesterday, the models seemed like they were getting in a huddle - coming together to a large extent.  Then last night, it's like they broke the huddle and started going their own separate ways.  I've been looking to see if DT had a comment on this.  And like so many times in the past, he seems to go silent when the models are in total disagreement.  Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

TW

Well, this time yesterday, the models seemed like they were getting in a huddle - coming together to a large extent.  Then last night, it's like they broke the huddle and started going their own separate ways.  I've been looking to see if DT had a comment on this.  And like so many times in the past, he seems to go silent when the models are in total disagreement.  Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

TW

Yeah, it's true.  He'll probably have something to say this afternoon.  This system is really impossible to forecast at this point.  The overall pattern is not a snowstorm pattern for us, so the odds do not favor a big Miller A widespread snow event.  Rain is looking most likely at this time, unless the models are totally wrong on their evolution of the general H5 pattern, which they could be.

Well, this time yesterday, the models seemed like they were getting in a huddle - coming together to a large extent. Then last night, it's like they broke the huddle and started going their own separate ways. I've been looking to see if DT had a comment on this. And like so many times in the past, he seems to go silent when the models are in total disagreement. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

TW

He just woke up. Going on and on about propane. Um ok.

Not at all...I liked the track a lot. From what I'm seeing is we just need some cold air.

We just need a better consolidated SLP instead of dual low the Euro is showing. ENS about the same. I think today we see some craziness from GFS again and I think the Euro gets people excited again. DGEX was a big hit :-) that has to mean something!

We just need a better consolidated SLP instead of dual low the Euro is showing. ENS about the same. I think today we see some craziness from GFS again and I think the Euro gets people excited again. DGEX was a big hit :-) that has to mean something!

If the DGEX is showing a hit then the rest of the models will follow!.. ;)

Now that a sig. wintry event is looking less and less likely anytime soon outside of the mountains, can we get a special early exemption this year regarding the rain is evil thing? Normally we have to wait til 3/1 for rain to be treated as a good thing and it is hated with a passion in February. However, I think it would be good for this forum to get an early end to this negative treatment. :)

If any wintry threat of significance (this weekend or another) were to reappear, we could then go right back to rain equals evil mode. :)

Rain is awesome. We should all be used to it by now....unless you live in PGV, of course (I got it right, downeast!!).

Sorry Larry, rain is evil right now. I normally don't mind the rain but I'm training right now for racing season (cycling) and it's no fun riding in cold rain.  It's also no fun riding a trainer in the house so some sunny, warmer weekends would be nice. :)

I endorse this viewpoint.  Rain is great, even when it shows up in winter.  Wintry precip types are better, but rain is still a good thing.

Rain sucks. I know we need rain, but it should only rain at night when I am sleeping. Rain is miserable and depressing.

I don't think it matters what kind of pattern we have or how good the players on the field look. Most of the time we still end up being losers if we want snow.

Well, the pattern matters a lot. We get a lot less legit snow opportunities in a bad pattern than we get in a good pattern. Unfortunately, we rarely get into a good pattern anymore.

Archived