joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to borrow Bevo's favorite word and just call it like I see it here:  "Bollocks!!!"  Those of you who say you're "tired" of following all these storms and would just rather have spring are liars.  There.  I said it.  If you're so ready for spring, what are you doing on this board, especially today?  Go out and enjoy your spring temps and quit whining and complaining in here.  You're just being malcontents and trying to give the impression that you're ready for spring when really you would give your right arm for a 1-foot deep snowfall and as soon as the models flip back tonight or tomorrow, you'll be back on board the train.  (And before somebody asks me to name names, I'll go ahead and decline but rather offer the previous two to three pages of both banter and discussion as potential evidence for you to figure it out.)

:arrrg:

Now, pull yourselves together and get ready for another storm tracking or please leave the rest of us in peace as we enjoy our hobby of following potential storms.  I don't enjoy this board because of the complaining I get to be witness to but because of the somewhat sparse (lately) weather knowledge that gets dropped.  If your emotions are not mature enough to handle the ups and downs of model flipping, go do something else.

:arrrg:

I feel better now.  :)

It's been trying all winter, lol! More and more, we're starting to hear warmer after mid-month. Robert, JB, and LC at least are going for a warm March. Nobody knows for sure, but given that, the trend toward a +EPO (as Don states in the main forum), terrible looking indexes, and nothing but garbage on the GFS and Euro after this upcoming storm, I am becoming quite concerned. So I hope we can get some blocking, with the cold air remaining on our side of the globe.

I'll just never have any faith in a "good" March, no matter the indexes.  Yes, I know it's possible, but in reality it's just always too warm.  I think last year proved that.  With the huge amount of blocking we had in March and April, it simply remained cool...not cold enough for winter precip outside the mountains.  

I think this weekend is our last chance, IMO.  That's not a huge leap, but I'm just saying.  

I am actually looking forward to next year seeing the last I heard, it's looking more and more like a Nino.  That could be our year to watch the winter weather travel from TX across the gulf to the carolinas.   :snowing:  

I'll just never have any faith in a "good" March, no matter the indexes.  Yes, I know it's possible, but in reality it's just always too warm.  I think last year proved that.  With the huge amount of blocking we had in March and April, it simply remained cool...not cold enough for winter precip outside the mountains.  

I think this weekend is our last chance, IMO.  That's not a huge leap, but I'm just saying.  

I am actually looking forward to next year seeing the last I heard, it's looking more and more like a Nino.  That could be our year to watch the winter weather travel from TX across the gulf to the carolinas.   :snowing:  

Early March is actually statistically one of the best, if not the best, periods for snow in our areas.  March 2009 is a good example, and March 2010 for areas further north.  IMBY, March averages 1.7"/year, which is pretty impressive when you consider that almost all of the snowfall from that average comes in the first week or two of the month (of course, there's exceptions like 3/23/1983).  Our January and February averages are around 3", but that's spread throughout the month.

With all that being said, I don't have much faith after the first week of March.  In addition, the sun angle becomes a real and viable threat and could be the death blow to a daytime storm, especially if BL temperatures are marginal.

-1 if you live in Waycross ! 5 if I lived in NC. It could just be rain in NC, but could be anywhere from ZR with 1 inch QPF to a crush job snowstorm. It's trending better on most models. From what I've read today, you want the energy to stay weak and not close off and go further south!

I hope 18z shows a whopper for both of us... THEY WILL SUCK YOU BACK IN

Glenn Burns ‏@GlennBurnsWSB 35s

In looking at the new data just coming in for the weekend, just let me point out again we are NOT getting an ice storm.

smh.

You know nobody can say with a 100% certainty anything weatherwise will or won't happen until it is. He could make that statement and be right 8 out of 10 times, just because of clink! I hope he's wrong!

Next Race: 2014 Daytona 500

Countdown to Race Time: 2/23/2014 ~1:19 pm/et

19:16:22:15

I can't wait for it to start  :D   I've been a Mark Martin fan since the 80's and now I need to pick another driver....sigh  :(     I've narrowed it down to Kenseth or Edwards....I think.....lol

Speaking of racing, I'm having Tom Higgins out to my library on the Tuesday before the 600. I met him at a library event and the dude is just an encyclopedia of racing knowledge.

I believe we are headed up for the race. Haven't committed just yet, but several of us are discussing it  :D 

I can't wait for it to start :D I've been a Mark Martin fan since the 80's and now I need to pick another driver....sigh :( I've narrowed it down to Kenseth or Edwards....I think.....lol

I believe we are headed up for the race. Haven't committed just yet, but several of us are discussing it :D

24 :)

I have a stress test in the morning. I'm 38. Bad genetics or something like that - I wasn't really paying attention, but the point is I have a stress test in the morning.

To quote the cult classic film 'Armageddon': 

"Great, I got that 'excited/scared' feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."

I have a stress test in the morning. I'm 38. Bad genetics or something like that - I wasn't really paying attention, but the point is I have a stress test in the morning.

"Great, I got that 'excited/scared' feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."

You live near me too. What is going on around here? Somebody call the exterminator. Ghostbusters. Something. 

Yeah, that sucks! I kinda had one about 8 years ago. I had to get on a treadmill and get my heart rate up to 220, then let em shoot some dye in my system and ultrasound my heart. We are same age, good luck

24 :)

My son is a Gordon fan...sooo...nope  ;) 

Earnhardt rules. :)

Ummm.....never  :P 

I've had several of them due to my tachycardia and will be sending you positive thoughts  :)   

Yeah, that sucks! I kinda had one about 8 years ago. I had to get on a treadmill and get my heart rate up to 220, then let em shoot some dye in my system and ultrasound my heart. We are same age, good luck

I've watched my heart top 300  :lol:  Granted...it was during the mapping surgery (it didn't work), but it was still one of the strangest feelings I've ever had ;) 

My son had supraentricular tachycardia when he was in the hospital after he was born...one of his many heart issues at the time. I watched the monitor as his heart raced to over 300 bpm. They were about 2 minutes from injecting some pretty powerful medicine to reset it. All of a sudden, he dropped out of it. Scary stuff.

Man, Bevo. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, everything turns out ok. Will be praying for ya. The Armageddon quote is pretty awesome. :)

Been through it. Damn doctor brought in the youngest most beautiful nurse I've ever seen. No damn way was I going to quit. The doctor kept telling me I could stop if I needed to. I think I nearly killed myself on the damn treadmill before the doctor told me to stop. If that nurse hadn't been in there I would have quit 5 minutes in.

Archived