CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's def. drunk on something. I will say this could be a good step for the GFS as it has more of a cutoff look, it's just 500 miles north of where we need it!

Yeah, every single run is just the same load of crap in a different truck.

The ridge out west is too flat. Remember the other day? There was a HUGE -PNA trough out there. Where'd that go?

Thanks! Since Wilkes is gone and winter is over and it's never going to snow again, we might as well have a little fun, amirite? :)

Yes, you are right!  Let's lighten the mood around here.  If it all it takes is artwork from CR, then I say "More artwork!"

(Not quite as catchy as "More cowbell," but it will have to do for now.)

OMG...that was hilarious. I'm cleaning coke off my shirt

Glad I brought some mirth.  :D

I think the drought that was predicted for the area is going to happen. It's been nearly a month now since the I-85 corridor in the Carolinas has had .50  or better of rain. And what was supposed to be a big rain event in this area tonight and tomorrow looks like light showers now. And if the GFS is right, this weekend is dry. We have went from the chance to get 3-5 inches of rain to now maybe getting .50 for the 7 days starting on Feb 1.

Several people have questioned why we've been tracking the possible storm for 2/9 and it has never looked like anything for the SE.  Only over the past 1.5 days have things changed.  On Sunday we had a decent high to the north and a possible snow/ice event.  Things look bleak right now but models can change.  This is snow totals from the 0z gfs on Sunday night...

post-1455-0-53304100-1391553837_thumb.jp

I think the drought that was predicted for the area is going to happen. It's been nearly a month now since the I-85 corridor in the Carolinas has had .50  or better of rain. And what was supposed to be a big rain event in this area tonight and tomorrow looks like light showers now. And if the GFS is right, this weekend is dry. We have went from the chance to get 3-5 inches of rain to now maybe getting .50 for the 7 days starting on Feb 1.

I guess I have to believe you because you were so spot on with your last call.

Several people have questioned why we've been tracking the possible storm for 2/9 and it has never looked like anything for the SE.  Only over the past 1.5 days have things changed.  On Sunday we had a decent high to the north and a possible snow/ice event.  Things look bleak right now but models can change.  This is snow totals from the 0z gfs on Sunday night...

That frame is almost as entertaining as CR's special 4-way for Wilkes in the pattern thread! The ULL in the GOA will always hate snow ;) We can always dream! :weenie:

Agreed!   Anytime we have a SLP tracking to our SE (Euro) we have a chance, it's always a slim chance here anyways.  Things will change, that we know.  Plus it's winter time and we track storms.  Part of me just wants to see a big EC storm affecting a lot of people, even if it isn't NC.

Half the Euro ensemble members have snow for RDU, 10 with over 2", 5 over 6".  

For INT, over 30 members have snow and 15 over 2".

Psshhhhhhttt - we haven't been in a drought for 3 years.

I guess I have to believe you because you were so spot on with your last call.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! He keeps trying. God bless his effort.

Agreed!   Anytime we have a SLP tracking to our SE (Euro) we have a chance, it's always a slim chance here anyways.  Things will change, that we know.  Plus it's winter time and we track storms.  Part of me just wants to see a big EC storm affecting a lot of people, even if it isn't NC.

Half the Euro ensemble members have snow for RDU, 10 with over 2", 5 over 6".  

For INT, over 30 members have snow and 15 over 2".

That does sound hopeful. The models have just been all over the place, especially the GFS. Hard to say what will happen yet.

I have a guy on my team who is based out of Kansas City and he was enjoying his 6-10 inches of snow today. Jealous.

MCI has been on fire the past few years, they average roughly what the MA averages, 20" a season but they have been killing it, thinking that switches east next year and we kill it  :sled:

Hangin' out on the 6th floor of the Westin in downtown Boston.  8-12 on the way, supposedly. 

TW

So jealous, I love downtown Boston, especially the Westin, stayed there several times this past year.  NAM mixes Boston for a few hours tomorrow afternoon, it might be 6" of snow, 1" of sleet, than another 1" of snow, just a block of ice.  Have fun!

Archived