joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have missed those tweets about the SE being included. My apologies. Also, you, Powerstroke, or someone else can correct me, but my take fwiw is that JB never called for a cold Feb. as a whole in the bulk of the SE US unlike the NE and Midwest. I thought he was going near normal overall with a lot of back and forth since the SE would be the battleground. OTOH, that is often the recipe for winter precip. Near constant cold often is not. So, based on that, the SE would have a decent shot at a second good winter storm sometime this month.

Man, it's cool. JB never says its gonna be cold in the south! I knew he was talking about Robert, just didnt know why it's a secret?, like Voldermort or Beetlegeuse or something, lol

In fact, to the point, here is Brad P's latest tweet with associated image:

mOVFmIs.png

If we get that look , and a little blocking that's showing up in that time frame,we could get one more event! I guess I'm pretty negative and try not to give all the way up till March. I know it has snowed in March many times according to records and such, but during my adult life, I have only seen one March snow accumulate and that was March 1st 2009

Yes, but that does not mean you will get it. Just saying if I could look into the future and see it's going to be cold but no snow, I'd rather not have the cold in the first place.

If you could look into the future, then you could probably do something to change the future.  Since you can't, there's no point complaining about it.

Just to let you know, I have had a Nissan Murano since 2003, the first year they came out. Still have the same car. It's been great! Has 212,000 miles on it , and uses a little oil now , but never had any major problems! They are faster than you think, about 240 hp , very good ride and comfortable. One reccomndation, it says use 93 octane gas for maximum performance and it means it!! It only took me one tank of 87 octane, and I've used 93 ever since! That may be a deal breaker , but it's really only about 5$ more per fill up than 87, with a 17 gal fuel tank

Thanks for the information! :hug: It's a nice vehicle, I would like him to drop the price by a couple grand though  ;) 

Good luck! I don't mind car shopping. It's car buying that I don't like.

Me either  :(    

fwiw....Robert has said for quite awhile now that he's going for a warm march  ;)  

Yes, but that does not mean you will get it. Just saying if I could look into the future and see it's going to be cold but no snow, I'd rather not have the cold in the first place.

I'm with you about the cold and no storm deal.  Maybe a couple cold snaps to kill off some weeds and I'm good.

Generally the farmers and us (as paying customers) get screwed though and the freeze comes during growing season.

Thanks! Since Wilkes is gone and winter is over and it's never going to snow again, we might as well have a little fun, amirite? :)

You got Epps to contend with now. Evidently he doesn't know how or when but NC and VA will get a good snowstorm. My guess is sometime between now and 2018. He has good odds of being right. 

Archived