joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I think people on this forum worry way too much about snow. If you want it that badly, I suggest taking a trip out west to Utah or Colorado.

It isn't that simple for many, including myself. I think I speak for a fair number here in saying it isn't just snow, but it is snow where it doesn't occur often and where it is often a very notable event when it does occur, sometimes closing down cities. I've seen snow fall in colder locations and while enjoyable, isn't at all the same for me because it is so ordinary. So, for me, traveling to a location that gets a lot of snow to see it does little. I could never see myself moving up north where there's no novelty to it.

It would be! The GFS is hinting at it more and more in fantasy land, so maybe we'll get lucky.

And why would you post a link to something that nobody can see? That doesn't make sense.

I know right?!  It's not the first time either.....sigh.....

btw.....I really don't like to shop for vehicles.....or shop for any reason really, but that's beside the point  :P  I've been looking for a small suvish type of vehicle slightly used with low mileage, because I put about 1000 miles a week on my car easily. Today a friend calls(yes he owns a small dealership) with an 05 (was looking at '10-12) Nissan Murano SE with only 95,000 miles and half the price of the vehicles I've been looking at. I really don't want a monthly payment for an 05, so I've got it on the back burner just in case. Sooo.....the search continues.....wish me luck as I really do not like salesmen....ugh 

I know right?! It's not the first time either.....sigh.....

btw.....I really don't like to shop for vehicles.....or shop for any reason really, but that's beside the point :P I've been looking for a small suvish type of vehicle slightly used with low mileage, because I put about 1000 miles a week on my car easily. Today a friend calls(yes he owns a small dealership) with an 05 (was looking at '10-12) Nissan Murano SE with only 95,000 miles and half the price of the vehicles I've been looking at. I really don't want a monthly payment for an 05, so I've got it on the back burner just in case. Sooo.....the search continues.....wish me luck as I really do not like salesmen....ugh

Just to let you know, I have had a Nissan Murano since 2003, the first year they came out. Still have the same car. It's been great! Has 212,000 miles on it , and uses a little oil now , but never had any major problems! They are faster than you think, about 240 hp , very good ride and comfortable. One reccomndation, it says use 93 octane gas for maximum performance and it means it!! It only took me one tank of 87 octane, and I've used 93 ever since! That may be a deal breaker , but it's really only about 5$ more per fill up than 87, with a 17 gal fuel tank

I know right?! It's not the first time either.....sigh.....

btw.....I really don't like to shop for vehicles.....or shop for any reason really, but that's beside the point :P I've been looking for a small suvish type of vehicle slightly used with low mileage, because I put about 1000 miles a week on my car easily. Today a friend calls(yes he owns a small dealership) with an 05 (was looking at '10-12) Nissan Murano SE with only 95,000 miles and half the price of the vehicles I've been looking at. I really don't want a monthly payment for an 05, so I've got it on the back burner just in case. Sooo.....the search continues.....wish me luck as I really do not like salesmen....ugh

Good luck! I don't mind car shopping. It's car buying that I don't like.

Yeah.  Don't you love it when we get a split flow RIGHT when the PNA goes negative!! Just couldn't happen with a nice +PNA ridge and a trough in the east... ALL JANUARY!!

Pack is right, I need to move to Boston.

I know, right. I never liked the look of this split flow anyway. Maybe next year's El Nino will be better. But I'm sure the cold air will probably all be in Europe and Siberia.

In all seriousness , when he was looking at the models and saying Feb.could be historic, and it went poof or warm, couldn't the gloom and doom winter over pattern that he sees now, go poof tomorrow? And back to a cold look? Lot of volatility to this pattern

I think there's some misunderstanding here. Based on JB's tweets, he sure doesn't sound like he'd changing to warm anytime soon for Feb. and he certainly doesn't sound gloom and doom. He keeps talking about "snowageddon" or whatever word he's using about upcoming MW to NE snowfall. Remember that he's tilted heavily toward the Midwest and NE for his general comments. Him saying no big SE winter storm during that period is not hard for him to do at all. After all, the MW to NE can easily get several winter storms over a period while most of the SE is shutout since it has happened many times.

OTOH, once we get to mid-Feb., LC is going for winter being pretty much over fwiw for much of the E US.

His earlier tweets and thoughts he put out last week about cross polar flow and memorable/historic February did include upper south and interior SE. I think he quickly, a day or two later , shifted up to Ky and mid Atlantic

I may have missed those tweets about the SE being included. My apologies. Also, you, Powerstroke, or someone else can correct me, but my take fwiw is that JB never called for a cold Feb. as a whole in the bulk of the SE US unlike the NE and Midwest. I thought he was going near normal overall with a lot of back and forth since the SE would be the battleground. OTOH, that is often the recipe for winter precip. Near constant cold often is not. So, based on that, the SE would have a decent shot at a second good winter storm sometime this month.

Archived