joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be the best weenie run of all time.  Take a picture boys and girls! Widespread 3 feet!  LOL!

eta.totsnow192.gif

Holy crap!...... that will never happen not even 1/3 of that. It's counting the freezing rain and sleet as all snow and too much qpf. What I see right now with this one is a major ice storm for the favored areas. If the GFS and its' ensembles hold, We will be without power for a while.

Holy crap!...... that will never happen not even 1/3 of that. It's counting the freezing rain and sleet as all snow and too much qpf. What I see right now with this one is a major ice storm for the favored areas. If the GFS and its' ensembles hold, We will be without power for a while.

As I went back and studied the DGEX a little more (I can't believe I said that), most of the snow comes from another system later in the run that turns into a noreaster.

I think either way we're going to get some snow, ice, or both this weekend. Could be the big one.

I believe it'll be a miller b with sn/ip in the western part of NC and we'll be to far to the east and get rain.  That would make for a perfect scenario for me to complain.  Last storm we were too far to the west and this storm too far to the east.

I believe it'll be a miller b with sn/ip in the western part of NC and we'll be to far to the east and get rain.  That would make for a perfect scenario for me to complain.  Last storm we were too far to the west and this storm too far to the east.

Too far west for what? I still got 3 inches of snow last time. I think this one could be a mix bag and bigger than our last event. WxSouth was right on the models not handling the last one right when we were this far out. I think this one could trend further south and colder like the last one. Might not be as big as the GFS shows, but I think it will be better than the Euro shows right now. Either way it looks like a good chance of snow and/or ice.

Too far west for what? I still got 3 inches of snow last time. I think this one could be a mix bag and bigger than our last event. WxSouth was right on the models not handling the last one right when we were this far out. I think this one could trend further south and colder like the last one. Might not be as big as the GFS shows, but I think it will be better than the Euro shows right now. Either way it looks like a good chance of snow and/or ice.

I got about half of what you got because of being a little further west than you. I'm not saying it won't work out for us this weekend but think we still have a long ways to go. I'll just say my confidence isn't real high yet.

I bet in the next couple of days we get a big weenie run from the GFS that shows a big winter storm, something inside 5 days so we actually believe it could happen only to watch it fall apart....I can't wait  :mellow:

You're probably right. Then, it doesn't snow, winter is over, and we have to wtny. :(

Come on CR, you going to give it to me, I called it last night  :weenie:

I think the GFS has a couple of more weenie runs it, I think the Euro gives us a great tease but we all know how this ends.  It's like Friday the 13th part 20.

Come on CR, you going to give it to me, I called it last night  :weenie:

I think the GFS has a couple of more weenie runs it, I think the Euro gives us a great tease but we all know how this ends.  It's like Friday the 13th part 20.

Yep, you called it!  Hopefully, the last run before the storm is a weenie run on every model.  Then, we'll see how good my winter's over call looks.  Haha!

The MA crew is giddy! It's funny to read their thread when a weenie run takes place. I guess our forum is the same way, but we have only had maybe 2 fantasy runs to go gaga over.

Yeah, but their meltdowns are epic! I suspect we will see that over the next few days as we move back into the jackpot zone!

Archived