Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 2014 Pattern Discussion Thread

free_man

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you see that could potentially trend it south? I don't think SNE can stay all snow but I was thinking 1-3 then change to light zr or something along those lines

There's two shortwaves involved in saturday, one of them is diving down from the northern plains into the TN valley...and another coming onshore along the west coast that moves east and meets up with the first shortwave as it approaches the TN valley...the Euro does a full on phase of these just about...so the thing becomes extremely amplified. Other guidance tends to sort of only eject pieces of the energy and the whole system is flatter.

The latter scenario is how we'd stay colder, but that is not the best way to hope for a colder solution.

I think next week has an ice signal for the interior too if that storm ends up trying to go west...but obviously its much snowier if things go further south like the 12z models showed.

Yeah that has a much more SWFE appeal to it as it stands right now....vs the Saturday system. All the models seem to start that one in the lower Ohio Valley and track NE towards us, which would probably try to pop a secondary as long as it doesn't end up over BUF or something.

The last few GFS runs try to take that one across some portion of SNE, but the mid level flow is SW so likely some good low level damming under the inversion in any of those solutions for spots south of the 850 0C line.

That could very well keep coming south.

As disappointed as I've been in January's snow output (not horrible but disappointing) it's still been constant snow cover in my yard since Dec 1st thanks to some great CAD during the torches. 

One thing I've noticed is some great ice build up on the Ct River and it's local tributaries. There is still some decent cold modeled in the long range. If we can get some snow pack to build here and north over the next 6 weeks watch out for torching spring cutters because the ice damming and subsequent flooding will be big.

maybe you will get a warning event in May, then again you have ten inches OTG and are still bitching

I'm not bitching, haha. We all may not be as content as you Ginxy ;) I'm just looking for a solid 7+ event. I'm with 40/70 in that by Feb and March you start looking for something bigger tha nickel and dime. This pattern has that potential and we still have some ground to make up on climo, let's do it in Feb.

Nice euro run. SB eve system that cuts west of us has its torchiness minimalized. 2/3 system hits SNE with a light event which is a good spot for it right now. And then the 2/6 system is still on. Ens came in quite a bit colder too and have the 2/10 threat. Potentially active times.

Active pattern ahead, but warm for the coastal plain.

Not what the guidance says after Sunday James. A lot of snow for the cp and everywhere else. Of course the cp always flirts with taint. But well below normal temps widespread as far as the eyes can see once past Super Bowl.

I don't like the GFS bringing the surface over SNE but still keeping it relatively cool.  I'd think that either the track is screwy or the temps.  If it played out as it shows, it looks like GC would be in a fairly decent spot with a lot of taint to the E and SE.  Fun times from that for Dendrite, PF et al.

Archived