wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 2014 Pattern Discussion Thread

free_man

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That weenie ridging is probably why it's not congrats Ottawa on day 8-9 as it tries to keep the confluence to our north. It's at least part of the reason anyways. 

This is going to change as we go forward which is why ensembles are going to be the way to go. Even ensembles may change though...it's a volatile pattern with moving parts everywhere. 

With that high up there just doesn't seem like you're gonna be able to crank up a cutter like that. Everything should weaken coming east . Crushed by the confluence . Could be a snow to ice deal. 00z prob shifts 200 mikes south

We've been through that myth before. If the trough out west is strong enough with a +NAO...torch-tastic it will be. But if the troughing is weaker or somehow we can keep confluence at 500mb to our north, then it is a colder solution. 

That one reminds me of a lot of the 07/08 storms, That would be a decent SWFE snow maker up here

Exactly what I had in mind this morning.

I predicted Dendrite jackpot, and 2-5" of snow n of the pike before rain, with a transitional period of ice and pl outside of rt 495.

Tough times s of pike...couple of inches, then rain.

I predicted Dendrite jackpot, and 2-5" of snow n of the pike before rain, with a transitional period of ice and pl outside of rt 495.

The way people just randomly throw years around on here and then convince themselves of the final outcomes by posting confidently on it is funny

seems to me the cutter esque trends on the models is becoming more and more likely, where theres smoke theres usually fire. this sb threat hasnt looked good for days and whos to say after the first couple messy events we dont just go cold and dry before the next round of rainers or slushers......and this praying for a mid week miracle, esp in the nyc forum.....good grief

I read where you mentioned that this am, Just worth watching the trends for now until we start to close in

lol, I hate these things showing up so far out in time. Everyone will put energy into it for days and it just raises the tension level.

Then we'll get into the time frame when some start pleading, "let us have this one and you can have the next one" like it makes any difference at all. We'll hear the same posters talk over and over about the reasons why "storm x" will track in a certain manner, others will repeat the exact opposite, then someone will say "this looks ugly for location z" followed by 3 pages of sh*t-slinging depending on what weenie got offended or his snow taken away...Leon will be mentioned, deep winter and epicosity, I'll freak out if it VT looks good at 72 hours only to see it head south at the end, If it heads north Blizz will go down swinging snow and ice then dryslot with no rain, etc.

I think we've seen this show before. Welcome to AMWX. Probably best if these storms just show up at 48 hours out, haha.

No thanks to the ridging over Greenland. That does absolutely nothing here to get a storm.

If i were u id grab the toaster

You just missed out in this last pattern (i would assume) and Detroit just SW of you had a record month along with flint,mi .

Now perhaps that area stays under gun and you cash in, what was Toronto jan total. Detroit and flint have like 30-35" i thought .

Man this site is unreadable. Will as I recall suggested things would change every run. Now euro buries is 2/5 but rains us 2/1. Things will shift around again next run.

The delete button may become quite active if people cannot post good meteorology in the discussion threads.

If people want to whine about it, then I would advise them to use the banter thread. People don't donate to this site to read grown men acting like little children in a met discussion thread because a 204 hour prog shifted 200 miles. We're supposed to be more sophisticated than accuwx boards.

Archived