Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2014 Pattern Discussion Thread

free_man

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Euro looks horrible for the 2nd/3rd, unless you like rainers. It brings the sfc low from the lakes through the Saint Lawrence Valley. Definitely looking more cutter-like. Temps climb into the 40's all the way to the CPV here, through north-central NH through southern ME with 50's in Southern New England. There may be some front end overrunning snows before a changeover, but either way this would be a toaster bath scenario for NNE given the track record of this winter, and SNE people wouldn't be thrilled either.

I wouldn't swallow a shot gun because the op run has that solution.

No, only if that solution is the one to verify ;). However it has consistently showed an overrunning  snow to mixed-p to rain solution for that time frame. That is where the run I have access too ends so I can't see the pattern it tries to set up after, but it doesn't matter all that much that far out in a model anyway.

Well the Euro looks horrible for the 2nd/3rd, unless you like rainers. It brings the sfc low from the lakes through the Saint Lawrence Valley. Definitely looking more cutter-like. Temps climb into the 40's all the way to the CPV here, through north-central NH through southern ME with 50's in Southern New England. There may be some front end overrunning snows before a changeover, but either way this would be a toaster bath scenario for NNE given the track record of this winter, and SNE people wouldn't be thrilled either.

I would not complain.

If it snows, awesome, but if it doesn't, lets warm up.

No, only if that solution is the one to verify ;). However it has consistently showed an overrunning snow to mixed-p to rain solution for that time frame. That is where the run I have access too ends so I can't see the pattern it tries to set up after, but it doesn't matter all that much that far out in a model anyway.

It's an outlier right now including this 12z gfs op. I wouldn't worry about snow to rain there. Even I it did mix, it would be a net gain.

It's an outlier right now including this 12z gfs op. I wouldn't worry about snow to rain there. Even I it did mix, it would be a net gain.

Yes it is and the 12z GFS Is certainly colder and snowy with its solution for that time frame. It is also quite a bit slower with the timing for the system.

Yep, we shouldn't... but worth mentioning and keeping an eye on. Just like the rest of the guidance. Hopefully it threads the needle. That time frame has been flagged for a little while now.

I wouldn't mind pushing it to Feb 4th as I will be trying to fly back to BTV on the 3rd.

Yep, we shouldn't... but worth mentioning and keeping an eye on. Just like the rest of the guidance. Hopefully it threads the needle. That time frame has been flagged for a little while now.

Yup , i mean given the amount of cutters we've had this year, we shall see.

Hopefully it gets squashed , are we in a situ where anything amped will cut?

I would not complain.

If it snows, awesome, but if it doesn't, lets warm up.

Heck ill a warm up as well, just not a wet one.

Im goin back and forth on sne winter . part of me is afraid if i dont move to a snowier climate in a year or two (150"+") , soon i may rather be in fl for winter, aside from a KU or ski vaca up here. I need to start enjoying this winter more and skiing @ a good mtn will help.

Archived