joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2014 Pattern Discussion Thread

free_man

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO all alone with this..other models keep things week and have waves scooting out south of LI..That's the idea to go with it appears

No it isn't actually. Look at the GGEM and some GEFS ENS members and EC ENS.

This should be good... the CT guy all over the southerly solution, the Toronto guy arguing for the amped solution.   

Shocking.  What would really be shocking is if CT Blizz thought there was merit to the amped solution, or vise versa to Toronto Blizz.  Hey they even had similar screen names before Blizz went to Damage ;) 

if it was just one warm euro run but there have been a few now in early feb and for all the bashing im not so sure its been all that bad this winter and my gut tells me its onto something for early feb....the idea of multiple overrunning events passing south of us is very romantic but i just do not think its that simple.....im worried bc we have pretty much missed all the cute little events this year and have done mediocre with a few others and its very possible we wind up on the wrong side of the boundary and ice to me counts as the wrong side.

Essentially the Euro goes full blown cutter on the overnight op run and the GFS looks a lot more favorable for a New England storm around the 5th-6th now. NNE is on the line when it comes to the GFS, but if it were to go farther south we would be in trouble.

Euro op with a 50+ Rainer for all of New England 2/4...lol.

Ensembles not as bad but one can rightfully presume there are several stinkers among the members as the mean brings the low right overhead in sne though it might be ok for NNE.

I'd go the the ECENS.

NNE will probably do well, but sne will be a mess.

N of pike net gain?

I also believe that was the first time Chicago had 4 consecutive winters below the longterm 20th century mean temperature since 1966-1967-1970-1971 did 5 in a row.

This year is threatening to be the coldest winter in Chicago since 1978-1979. Beating '81-'82 would be a feat even.

Jesus, 1977-78 was just gangbusters everywhere lol

Think back to when it has tried to give us blizzards.

I'd wager that its too amped.

I was thinking about the times this season that the EC has been suppressed compared to other models, lol. But that's more short term.

Watch we get to 3 days out and they've flipped places, with the American models over-amping it while the ECM slips east, lol.

If there was ever a season that could pull off a cutter in this pattern, this would be it. Even in the midst of this "deep winter, no mild-ups" stretch I have rain in my forecast for this afternoon.

My temperature is already above the normal high temp and it's 8am.

With no blocking there are no guarantees.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.  We get cold, we have warm pre-frontal penetrations into the region.  We get cold again.  I don't think the Euro depiction for next week is at all unreasonable.

Essentially the Euro goes full blown cutter on the overnight op run and the GFS looks a lot more favorable for a New England storm around the 5th-6th now. NNE is on the line when it comes to the GFS, but if it were to go farther south we would be in trouble.

I think you look really good in this pattern, despite the warm euro solutions.

My temperature is already above the normal high temp and it's 8am.

With no blocking there are no guarantees.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.  We get cold, we have warm pre-frontal penetrations into the region.  We get cold again.  I don't think the Euro depiction for next week is at all unreasonable.

^ ^ ^

I can't believe one run of the euro with no support has led to these meltdowns today.

We've never needed input from Scoiter and Will like we do now to talk sense into these weenies

Melting down? People are talking about weather. That's what the board is here for.

Again it's borderline impossible to even think about discussing a cutter or non-deep winter solution without starting a sh*tshow.

It seems like most accept that it could go either way...can't we just discuss the possibilities?

I can't believe one run of the euro with no support has led to these meltdowns today.

We've never needed input from Scoiter and Will like we do now to talk sense into these weenies

I agree with your thinking down the road,  but you also need constant input from them and baby wipes to just swipe your fanny clean.

Melting down? People are talking about weather. That's what the board is here for.

Again it's borderline impossible to even think about discussing a cutter or non-deep winter solution without starting a sh*tshow.

It seems like most accept that it could go either way...can't we just discuss the possibilities?

^ ^ ^

Archived