Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 21st Snowstorm OBS

snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But its not though. Especially here. Look, we're mostly on your side here...it's nowhere near the doom and gloom and panic we saw here...we'll be fine in the end. This isn't noquester or some marginal stale March airmass, people need to get a grip.

I normally am right in line with you. Not this time. The only way temps are an issue is if someone was thinking the very first flake was going to stick to the road.

28.4 now. Dropping so fast I can't keep track of it. :)

Temperature has warmed 3º since 1am from 34º to 37º in the West End of Alexandria.

And people were immediately rebuked yesterday for suggesting temperatures might be an issue when yesterday's highs were 8-10º higher than progged...

What's your current dew point?  Also, check out the obs from our western brethren where precip has started.  Granted, they were colder to begin but their temp quickly dropped as precip began.  Expect the same here IRT temp drop although don't expect immediate stickage of the first flake on your sidewalk/street.  

I normally am right in line with you. Not this time. The only way temps are an issue is if someone was thinking the very first flake was going to stick to the road.

28.4 now. Dropping so fast I can't keep track of it. :)

I think, at the end of the day, you're going to be more right than wrong...but I still hold ever so slight reservations...but nothing like the panickers here who don't know basic meteorology.  

I think, at the end of the day, you're going to be more right than wrong...but I still hold ever so slight reservations...but nothing like the panickers here who don't know basic meteorology.

You should time 32 with onset of mod rates. Close to the river will lose a little but not that much.

Interesting temps east and south of dc. They are colder than areas to the nw. That's not common. Maybe related to being closer to developing lp?

Dewpoint is 26º, but this is going to be white rain for several hours – the ground temps are way too warm to support accumulation.

it definitely doesn't look like a "stick from the very beginning to every surface" deal here in the city, so may lose a little there, but temps are not getting any higher today once the snow starts.  clippers are cold.  from here on, i only care about the radar.  temps are fine, and looking at radar i'd actually side more with the gfs than the others right now.  

Archived