Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold front just blew through here, temp plummeting about a degree every 5 min. Just finished shoveling... FTW, might have to drop some salt out there so the residual slush melts. Was still very light mist/rain when I was outside, maybe we coat everything with a little ZL or snizzle.  Also I'm eagerly awaiting the all day SNSH that blizz promised me. I'll be very disappointed if those don't happen. (sarcasm)

So did it just go from heavy snow to hours of nothing? Man I'm glad i didn't stay up for that mess

It was still S+ when I went to bed at 2200 with about 5" but when I got up at 0200 I hadn't heard sleet yet and expected more snow but it just looked liked 6-7".  IP didn't roll in until 0430 or so.  Temp never made it above freezing, so that's good.

Congrats to Union with 10"!!  Looks more like 7" here.

It was still S+ when I went to bed at 2200 with about 5" but when I got up at 0200 I hadn't heard sleet yet and expected more snow but it just looked liked 6-7". IP didn't roll in until 0430 or so. Temp never made it above freezing, so that's good.

Congrats to Union with 10"!! Looks more like 7" here.

Yeah I don't think we had any sleet here. That Union total seems high but DOT is usually good

best part of this storm. happening now. 

attachicon.gifradar_12_14_13d.jpg

It's amazing that even while I've tapered to flurries... it still is making me smile!

That was the worst part of the storm for me.  If the hole hadn't of developed, we probably would have easily seen double digits.  Oh well.  It happens.  I'm happy for those that did make it though.

That was the worst part of the storm for me.  If the hole hadn't of developed, we probably would have easily seen double digits.  Oh well.  It happens.  I'm happy for those that did make it though.

ha... sarcasm obviously.

though there is a tinge of joy when some of us call for 8-10 and it doesn't verify. 

Archived