Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ..great, now at 12.5". Back into light to moderate snow now - not sure what the origin is.  Up 18F.

I see a few 14"+" amounts in ENY and Woodford VT at 18" seems to be the highest that I can find.

Sorry, man.  So was SW CT the Nutmeg Winner?  Congrats, Rick--I think he gets the jackpot trophy.

11" is my final here at the Pit.  Too bad I couldn't get a measurement before the mix.  Pingers woke me at 4:30 or so, not sure if it went back to snow or zr, but the pinging stopped  Now sn-.

15.4/14

6" solid here, all compacted now and the temp drop has commenced. Maxed at 36.5/36.3 down to 35 an dropping pretty quickly but still dripping. I'm going to head out and try to shovel before it turns into solid ice.

Great storm IMBY, 90% snow with a track from NJ shore to the canal... that's sweet.

did anyone in SNE register 12"? that map from NECN that had widespread 12" totals seemed a bit aggressive

Looks like about 10 in the Berkshires - haven't seen more than that.

Once again... 12"+ with 700/850mb lows to the west is really, really hard to do. Meteorology not modelology rules the day. 

Looks like about 10 in the Berkshires - haven't seen more than that.

Once again... 12"+ with 700/850mb lows to the west is really, really hard to do. Meteorology not modelology rules the day. 

they are becoming as predictable as kevin...i swear any event, take 50-75% of what they say, and you'll be close...whether its wind, severe, rain, snow etc. 

Here it comes. See that line moving SE towards BOS?

attachicon.gifRAD_KBOS_TV0_ANI.gif

that's awesome.

i hate when lows cut this far west because the arctic "front" gets shoved so far NW...so even though its 30s on the coastal plain right to the canal...the true freeze is quite a ways away. it'll rot in the 30s over SE areas for quite a while.  

Archived