Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5.2'' new. -SN with crap snowgrowth.

Decent event but a little disappointed we couldn't achieve heavy snow or sustain much moderate snow (yet). Can't keep my eyes open any more and I don't see any signs of impressive +SN on the way. Probably end up with about 8 as I thought.

Running out of real estate for any mix around ALB though. POU still has snow as per the asos anyway at 2:00 AM.

Still though after this last really impressive band there is some shallow precip that will likely be under the SGZ that won't be fully snow, maybe sleet/grains.

Just hit 10" and the heaviest band yet is nearly upon us.....hopefully not tainted.  :snowing::lmao::snowing:

Its not... we have been all snow here although the ratios will be down somewhat due to heavy rimming on the flakes. 

I measured 5.5" but it is now very sticky wet snow heading toward mashed potato consistency and seems to have compacted a bit compared to measurements earlier. Also lots of trees around so reality could be a bit more than I measured.

It is currently absolutely pounding heavy huge aggregates. I can't imagine we last a whole lot longer before the flip to pingers or rain or kitchen sink.  

Very glad the hi-res and short term models verified so well - stuck right around 32/31.8. Much respect to the power of this arctic airmass to be on the wrong side of the coastal front almost the entire storm in mid December and still be all snow after 9 hours of an east wind.

Just awesome.

Archived