Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah too bad for folks that live in C CT . I live in NE CT so did a bit better. How much do you have otg?

i actually always thought Tolland was further NE than you are. if you divide the state into 1/3rds...you are in the central part of the state. i never paid much attention but you are closer to HFD than i though.

not much at all. spotty areas with some left here and there. it literally poured in the pre-dawn hours we had over an inch of rain overnight. and it's near 50F now with the low going over the canal. 

i actually always thought Tolland was further NE than you are. if you divide the state into 1/3rds...you are in the central part of the state. i never paid much attention but you are closer to HFD than i though.

not much at all. spotty areas with some left here and there. it literally poured in the pre-dawn hours we had over an inch of rain overnight. and it's near 50F now with the low going over the canal.

Its NE Ct here. But far enough NW to avoid getting above freezing on these close in tracks

Can't believe how close the freezing line was to me...maybe a couple miles to my west manage to stay below 32f? Ironically...places to the north that stayed below 32 really didn't fair much better than my 4.3" total...although we definitely compacted quite a bit here. Snow depth is probably closer to 3" including the 1" or so that was on the ground before the event.

Ended up with 5.5", which of course is completely bulletproof now.  We had a fair amount of ZR overnight, and all the north facing windows are completely iced over.  It's going to be a fast track at the sledding hill.

I think we actually were on the cold side of the the model guidance at the midlevels.  We didn't mix until right around 1AM, which was a little later than some of the warmer guidance.  The dry slot over CT prevented us from cashing in, though.

26F now.  Not sure if well hit freezing at the surface today.

About 7.5" on the ground.

About 5.25" total.

Woke up at about 1:30 when I heard a few pingers on the window and took one final measurement. 

I have not been outside yet but it does not look like a heavy rain fell as some had said may happen.  I didn't even hear pingers or rain for the rest of the early morning.  Must have been very light.

...This, FTW, as the pack looks pretty good after all is said and done.

Looks like my hood in melrose did alright , impressive that Peabody had snow so late, just a pasting , btv wrf had that snow line well up n shore. Arctic highs ftw .

Told you we'd be alright! Looks like all it took was a few miles distance from the ocean on the north shore, Lynn report I saw was a couple inches lower than here.

early estimate four to five inches....we pinged for a long time but not that hard, even if it had been all snow it would only be a few inches more at best so for all the fuss.....i mean really....and furthermore for such a deep moisture connection over such a beastly dome of arctic air the precip shield had a lot of holes in it.....really overall seems kinda pedestrian....the only tbing interesting was seeing how that hp funneled in the cold air all day yesterday

early estimate four to five inches....we pinged for a long time but not that hard, even if it had been all snow it would only be a few inches more at best so for all the fuss.....i mean really....and furthermore for such a deep moisture connection over such a beastly dome of arctic air the precip shield had a lot of holes in it.....really overall seems kinda pedestrian....the only tbing interesting was seeing how that hp funneled in the cold air all day yesterday

There's reports of 7 - 8" in your area. 

Has a more Westerly movement. Crashing fast and still dropping 9°F in 30 minutes.

I just ran out of umpah, but did see the height of the storm and it was beautiful.

Same here. It was fantastic, wind swept powder everywhere with 1/4 mile visibility.

Just dropped 4 degrees over the last 10 minutes, down to 29.

Is it just me or are the CTDOT totals that make it into Upton's PNSs always a bit inflated? The 6.5" total in Old Saybrook and Haddam look especially suspect to me this morning. Although perhaps they had some cold air drainage down the CT valley like HVN saw which kept them colder for the end of the event.

It's funny because normally they're on the low side but I thought the same thing about Haddam and OS this AM. 

Archived