wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're doing an Americanwx college bowl mania group over in the sports forum and I wanted to see if anyone in here is interested. All you have to do is pick the winners of the bowl games and rank them according to confidence. We only have 4 people signed up and I'm hoping for at least 10! Come on SEC/ACC country!

Just click the link below to go to the main thread and there are instructions on how to join. 

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/41919-4th-annual-americanwx-college-bowl-mania/

Don't recall anyone forecasting such an incredibly warm December in Atlanta. Atlanta is running 3.4 above normal for the month and with some huge departures above normal the next week, that will only increase. This will mark the third straight warm December. December 2011 and 2012 were both about 5 degrees above normal. So, it basically looks like a carbon copy of the past two winters thus far.

Don't recall anyone forecasting such an incredibly warm December in Atlanta. Atlanta is running 3.4 above normal for the month and with some huge departures above normal the next week, that will only increase. This will mark the third straight warm December. December 2011 and 2012 were both about 5 degrees above normal. So, it basically looks like a carbon copy of the past two winters thus far.

:maphot:

It's not the warmest December so far, since I started keeping records in '08. As a matter of fact, only '09 and '10 were colder, all the rest of the years, December was warmer.

I've been catching up on all the BS on the banter and have a suggestion. The internet has given some the opportunity to express sarcasm and hide behind keyboards and such...where if they were actually having a face to face conversation that would show more respect and such.

Let's bring a cage to the next get together and settle some of these pathetic outbursts and personal attacks!

Rant over...

I've been catching up on all the BS on the banter and have a suggestion. The internet has given some the opportunity to express sarcasm and hide behind keyboards and such...where if they were actually having a face to face conversation that would show more respect and such.

Let's bring a cage to the next get together and settle some of these pathetic outbursts and personal attacks!

Rant over...

+1000

that's a lot of cage matches for you.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Round 1 metalicwx366 vs. ncweather. Winner metalicwx366.

Round 2 metalicwx366 vs. Tazaroo. Winner metalicwx366

Round 3 metalicwx366 vs. Southern Track. Winner metalicwx366

Round 4 metalicwx366 vs. NCCatawba. Winner metalicwx366

Final Round metalicwx366 vs. tnweathernut. Winner????

TBA matches.

metalicwx366 vs. Bevo( Depends on how December turns out. Above or below)

Cleary they have never experienced a winter in Waycross, Wait, not sure anyone has, winter in Waycross does not exist.

I can't blame winter cancel.....ers.  We've haven't had a good snowstorm in years.  We've been blanked before, what's to say it wouldn't happen again? I wouldn't cancel though personally till the beginning of Feb if things don't look good...at the earliest.

I can't blame winter cancel.....ers. We've haven't had a good snowstorm in years. We've been blanked before, what's to say it wouldn't happen again? I wouldn't cancel though personally till the beginning of Feb if things don't look good...at the earliest.

last year was not all that bad here in the southern mtns. Even had some great upslope events in march and april. We had temps below freezing at the end of may too. So I guess you could I had more snow in spring than winter.

Archived