Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December Banter

metalicwx366

I'm off until the 6th also. Great isn't it? :snowing:

Yes it is...This is the first time I've been off for 2 weeks since I was 22 year old.

You'll get soft. Then in a week you'll begin plotting your escape. Then the crying jags begin. Best just quit now, and live the good life. A free man! Just you and the weather. I can teach you to make mud bricks :) Tony

A free man has a nice ring to it...I believe I could do it well. All I need now is for you to show me how to make mud bricks! :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't the February storm last year work out pretty well for Charlotte?

Yeah, we got about 2-3 inches I think.  I don't really call that a storm though.  It was the back end of a storm from a "lee trough" or something.  Lasted about 45 minutes.  It was the heaviest snow I've seen in years though. 

It was nice but it felt more like a fluke accident than a snowstorm.  It actually got sunny after the pre-storm went by....then the line of snow formed and came through, dumped, then it was completely gone.  All in about an hour. 

Anybody else miss the Christmas music on TWC local on the 8s? It's always a great time of year, and it usually would go hand in hand with potential wintry weather events. Back befor the interweb and forums and anxiously awaiting the 7 day planner to see storms on the horizon!

Yes! A lot! And I miss the older graphics and maps and, oh yeah, the 24/7 weather coverage.

I guess there will be more chatter up here after today! Many people off work with nothing to do but pour over weather models and long for winter! 

I don't know why, but I'm pretty optimistic about winter this year. No particular reason though. Maybe hearing Tony's words of wisdom worked on my attitude!  :snowing:

Tomorrow is my last day at work until January 6....I need the break!

I'm off until the 6th also. Great isn't it?  :snowing:

ditto! :sled:

Awesome! Today is my last day till the 2nd. Nice to finally have a break.

I'm off until at least 1/20  :D   My break started at Thanksgiving  :lol:  Hopefully there will be plenty of systems to track because I'm starting to get bored  :P  

Anybody else's temps going near 90 tomorrow?

LOL.. No, we should finally break 60 here. I was surprised to wake up and it was 27 outside this morning. I had to run the heat again, I'm ready for some warm weather and turning off the heat for a few days we will see. I'm having to order more gas already, sucks, $500.00 bill right after Christmas. If it's not gonna snow I would like some warm weather to save on my heating bill.

To those of us who can't remember , how cold is 93-94 cold ? I graduated in 93 , so just can't remember

I was in Raleigh and it got down to 0 as I recall....and, we lost power that night for a while.  I recall 2 arctic blasts that came through, with a quick cutter in between.  I believe there was a lot of snowpack to our north which helped some.

Yes it is...This is the first time I've been off for 2 weeks since I was 22 year old.

A free man has a nice ring to it...I believe I could do it well. All I need now is for you to show me how to make mud bricks! :)

Better come see Grandma for Christmas,  it's coming.  Tony's storm is on the horizon.  Big times ahead down here and Grandma's in the bullseye, lol.  I can show you the mud brick technique with ip/sn/zrain blocks :)  T

Archived