joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need this rain to CEASE and DESIST! I cant even walk in my yard without sinking a coule of inches and I live on top of a very tall hill! Creeks at the bottom are overflowing. These wild pattern swings need to chill out. Cool and rainy summer ruined my boating season. Warm and dry fall destroyed my chances of growing any fall grass. And now it seems we have a winter monsoon season that will crush any sledding chances once it does snow due to piles of mud. I would gladly just take some averages for a while please!

I need this rain to CEASE and DESIST! I cant even walk in my yard without sinking a coule of inches and I live on top of a very tall hill! Creeks at the bottom are overflowing. These wild pattern swings need to chill out. Cool and rainy summer ruined my boating season. Warm and dry fall destroyed my chances of growing any fall grass. And now it seems we have a winter monsoon season that will crush any sledding chances once it does snow due to piles of mud. I would gladly just take some averages for a while please!

Funny how this works!  I'm getting tons of rain finally, after years and years of "none for you", and would gladly take the same every day for a month :)

Put some seed out now or right before it snows. It will germinate in spring. Mix with perennial rye

Thanks for the advice PS! Only problem is if I set foot in my yard right now you wont find me until spring! Lol. I can honestly say in the 11 years i have lived in this house my yard has never been this soft. I have a river flowing through my back yard this morning headed straight down the hill. I can only imagine the flooding at the bottom.

Thanks for the advice PS! Only problem is if I set foot in my yard right now you wont find me until spring! Lol. I can honestly say in the 11 years i have lived in this house my yard has never been this soft. I have a river flowing through my back yard this morning headed straight down the hill. I can only imagine the flooding at the bottom.

A lot are like that this year. A lot have grubs in them even now. Need some wind to dry it all up

Unfortunate to see this heavy rain event 2 days before Christmas. Could have been a white one had we only been 40 degrees cooler.

fwiw, it is scary looking how accurate Accuweather has been thus far.

650x366_10071419_winter-2013-14-adc-hd.j

650x366_10091454_hduep2%5B2%5D.jpg

Unfortunate to see this heavy rain event 2 days before Christmas. Could have been a white one had we only been 40 degrees cooler.

Your dry humor reminds me of Wilkes' humor. Are you him? Actually, I'm a dry humor fan in general though the problem with it is that sometimes people don't get it or just don't think it is all that funny. Different strokes for different folks.

Accuweather hasn't been spot on. California is dry as a bone. Someone who has been spot on so far is the Ricardo guy nailing the AO and the first Arctic Outbreak.

Not to mention the fact that many of us north of I-85 have been quite cool since...well...since March. But from mid November in particular, we have been okay.  Nothing to see here.

If I ran for President I would promise a GFS that ran out to hour 400 within my first year of office.

Now that's change we should all want! Wow! But do you think you could get Congress behind you on this great idea regardless of the general public's expected overwhelming support?

Edit: I suggest you ask Brick if he would loan out his WOTY campaign manager. That guy has done wonders for Brick, year after year.

Yea I would just call it the American Liberty of Conservative Health Protection and it would pass.

Ahh, great idea! I suggest you talk to Brick about using his campaign manager. If you don't get elected, this discussion will turn out to be a waste of time. Great ideas like extending the GFS to 400 hours would remain merely great ideas.

Edit: Would you see what you could do about getting the GFS to run about two hours earlier so we don't have to stay up so late? I don't care if you change the 0Z run into a 22Z run. Do whatever you have to do, please. Your fellow weather enthusiasts would be forever grateful. Then, for your foreign policy platform, I hope you have a plan to talk the ECMWF office into running theirs also on 22Z data.

Ahh, great idea! I suggest you talk to Brick about using his campaign manager. If you don't get elected, this discussion will turn out to be a waste of time. Great ideas like extending the GFS to 400 hours would remain merely great ideas.

Edit: Would you see what you could do about getting the GFS to run about two hours earlier so we don't have to stay up so late?

I would have the GFS run every three hours at hi res all the way out to hr 400 and two hours earlier. I would have seawalls built along the entire Gulf of Mexico up the eastern seaboard to promote jobs. I would have it mandated all school buses in America be battery charged by the end of my time in office. Every power pole in the country would be taken down and the wires would be placed underground. I want sustainable wind/solar/hydro/ energy along the Appalachian mountains and off the east coast to support all electricity needs and more by 2050 for the entire east coast. That's just my preliminary outlook on things I would promise.

Archived