• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December Banter

metalicwx366

Here we go back to talking about 300+hr synoptic events and stratospheric warming hopes. haha

I don't believe any of that unless the indices start showing it. The -EPO is probably only going to give us a repeat of November with transient shots of cold air. Anyway enjoying the record warmth for the next few days.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe any of that unless the indices start showing it. The -EPO is probably only going to give us a repeat of November with transient shots of cold air. Anyway enjoying the record warmth for the next few days.

well the indices change day to day so they'll support what we're seeing changing on the models if you stare at them long enough and refresh the image daily.

Sung to the tune of, The First Noel

The great Southeast ridge, is coming to stay.

So get your kids ready, to go out and play.

It comes in from the East, where they saw a star.

And it warms up the country, both near and far.

Southeast ridge, Southeast ridge, Southeast ridge, Southeast ri-idge

The only cool place left is inside your fridge.

Sung to the tune of, The First Noel

The great Southeast ridge, is coming to stay.

So get your kids ready, to go out and play.

It comes in from the East, where they saw a star.

And it warms up the country, both near and far.

Southeast ridge, Southeast ridge, Southeast ridge, Southeast ri-idge

The only cool place left is inside your fridge.

I think Burns has been in the ol egg nog. Good one sir!

the indices are what's happening in the synoptic level with different occilations. The 18z run is pretty comical. somehow the shortwave moves west and is cutoff off the coast of CA. As the ridge in the pacific increases the trough amplifies with vorticity magically appearing to the right of the ridge in the pacific. These time frames are not meant to be taken seriously. I only forecast trends at < 250hr 

the indices are what's happening in the synoptic level with different occilations. The 18z run is pretty comical. somehow the shortwave moves west and is cutoff off the coast of CA. As the ridge in the pacific increases the trough amplifies with vorticity magically appearing to the right of the ridge in the pacific. These time frames are not meant to be taken seriously. I only forecast trends at < 250hr 

Banter?

My backyard in Chicago had 71 inches of snow in the 2007-08 winter. The city picked up 60.3 that winter. We had mountains of snow in the yard. Those were the times. I always loved the blowing snow for some reason. I think I have been through only one true blizzard. It was the one where Cantore got frostbite on his nose. We only picked up 0.5 but we had blizzard conditions all night. Never seen anything like that.

Anybody else miss the Christmas music on TWC local on the 8s? It's always a great time of year, and it usually would go hand in hand with potential wintry weather events. Back befor the interweb and forums and anxiously awaiting the 7 day planner to see storms on the horizon!

Yeah I miss the music. Have you noticed they added the narrator back to the local on the 8s?

I can't blame winter cancel.....ers.  We've haven't had a good snowstorm in years.  We've been blanked before, what's to say it wouldn't happen again? I wouldn't cancel though personally till the beginning of Feb if things don't look good...at the earliest.

Didn't the February storm last year work out pretty well for Charlotte?

Wow a lot of you missed out on the December 1989 Christmas snow.

I would love to have a repeat of this. I believe the gray is snow cover.

http://www.jamesspann.com/wximages/1989%20Dec%20Sfc.jpg[/

quote]

If it happened in Waycross , we don't care :)

Hope that happens again so I can gloat and you guys just sit there in the cold and dry.

Archived