Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
December Banter

metalicwx366

Time to lighten the mood.

I rear-ended a car this morning...the start of a REALLY bad day!

The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!!

He looked up at me and said 'I am NOT Happy!'

So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'

That's how the fight started.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone needs to go outside, dig your toes in the sand, take a deep breath and enjoy this beautiful weather   ;)   It's the reason all of us dayum yankees never go home   :P

:clap:

Metaliccawx is butthurt all year round. Lack of snow, storms, hurricanes, hot temps, sandy vag, lack of rainfall.. you name it. Why this guy (and brickbot) is allowed to fowl up this forum is beyond reason. 

350x700px-LL-7dcb315b_internet-serious-b

:whistle:

I've often thought the samething above. Especially with the winter cancels just like last year and years before. First off... for those folks calming false winter cancels. Sit back and shut up. This really is unlike the last two winters. Besides think of your yearly average.

Since 96,01,08 can any one name 2 minor snow events in the month of Nov. With out good blocking the flow is northern stream dominated and fast & progressive. Until we get blocking it will likely continue on the samething relatively. With/without much torching other than a few +anomaly spikes in monthly averages.

Am I the only one who hates reading about obs in Georgia (or anywhere) in the pattern thread?

This weather is amazing.

It's very annoying reading what you reply to other people's obs in the pattern thread. I like your negative opinions and thoughts tho. It's different from everyone saying the same thing sometimes...just wish it was about the future and not past obs every single time.

People like metalicwx366 is why forums lose members and members who do stay lose interest. Never has anything insightful to say, has a case of backyard"itis", and is argumentative at all costs with anyone that doesn't share his viewpoint. No one wants to read that in a discussion thread. Heck, I would guess not many want to read that kind of stuff in a banter thread either.

It's ok to have an opposing viewpoint, I am sure most (I know I do) welcome the devils advocate side of things, but I don't know why moderators put up with his type of approach toward people. I'd just ban him and be done with it. I guess it's good that I am not a moderator.

Hey buddy I'm just calling it like it is. You guys are always looking at the positives and wishcasting up BS and never pointing out the negatives. Don't get pissed off because the weather isn't like what you want it to be. Also please find a post where I was talking about my backyard. You guys act like NC is the only state in the SE forum. It's not against the rules to have an opposing viewpoint.

Am I the only one who hates reading about obs in Georgia (or anywhere) in the pattern thread?

It's very annoying reading what you reply to other people's obs in the pattern thread. I like your negative opinions and thoughts tho. It's different from everyone saying the same thing sometimes...just wish it was about the future and not past obs every single time.

Like I just said. I'm calling it like it is. You guys are always making up BS knowing damn well that won't happen. Try being realistic and you won't be disappointed about not having snow or whatever. Nothing favors snow currently.

Like I just said. I'm calling it like it is. You guys are always making up BS knowing damn well that won't happen. Try being realistic and you won't be disappointed about not having snow or whatever. Nothing favors snow currently.

I'm pretty sure that polar bears and most species of penguins favor snow year round.

Then, please do not discuss anything. I am sick of all the banter in the pattern thread as well.

You need to tell other people as well and not direct everything to me. I didn't even start all that mess in the thread. No one was really arguing so I don't get what the big deal is. Yall need to chill the **** out.

Thank you. It seems that they're a few butt hurt mentalities on this forum. We are all limited from a geographical standpoint from winter weather, but if you're up in arms about the lack of winter in far South Georgia?? I lived in Columbus, Ga for five years, and compared to Upstate SC it might as well be a different country in terms of temps and weather.

Lol. So you think I'm complaining about the lack of winter down here? I don't ever expect wintry precip down here.

I moved from a place that averages 30-40inches of snow a year to a place that averages 0.1 a year.

No I'm not.

I haven't complained about anything yet. I don't see why yall are so pissed off.

Haha, I'm not pissed off. Just posting an observation. When someone in the pattern discussion posts something you don't completely agree with, you're standing over them with a gavel ready to strike a counter-argument to everything they say. I would say thats pretty negative, and annoying to everyone in here.

Hey buddy I'm just calling it like it is. You guys are always looking at the positives and wishcasting up BS and never pointing out the negatives. Don't get pissed off because the weather isn't like what you want it to be.

Not your buddy, don't really have that ambition either. If anyone is calling it like it is here, pretty sure that would be me. I have been on these weather boards long before you, and will be here long after you. The sooner this forum gets rid of you the better off we will all be.

For the record, I am a glass half full kind of guy, but I don't wish cast. It was a nice "dig" by you to be sure, but it really doesn't bother me any, and I don't play that game.

Merry Christmas from Johnson City TN (where it still snows occasionally)

November 2013.

unu2e4a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^ What are you guys talking about?

How bout this: If you want to point out reasons why it might turn warm in 10 days, have at it. If you want to point out reasons why it might turn cold in 10 days, have at it. Speculate from whatever direction you want. Nothing wrong with that. And though some might disagree with your point of view, that's ok because that's what a discussion forum is for. Just back the point up with some substance.

All the discussion and debate of whether it has or has not torched or tundra-ed in your back yard or in the region in general can easily be in the banter thread.

All the whining about the cold being 10 days away and all that can easily be in the banter thread.

All the winter cancel stuff can easily be in the banter thread.

It's really not that hard. There's nothing going on right now. Most people that post here want cold and snow. If that's a sore spot for some folks, then sorry. But it's the way it is. Don't get mad when most of the discussion is around looking for a good pattern. Feel free to discuss the other side...that's just as legitimate a point of view.

And by the way, Wishcasting means to wish for a specific thing to happen. Like, "I wish the storm on Christmas Eve would bring me snow instead of rain." Wishcasting is not "speculating that the big strong storm might change the global pattern for a time." It might or it might not, but it IS a legitimate possibility and therefore IS a relevant discussion point. So at least use the term appropriately, if you're going to accuse someone of wishcasting and then go on a rant about it and storm out.

Haha, I'm not pissed off. Just posting an observation. When someone in the pattern discussion posts something you don't completely agree with, you're standing over them with a gavel ready to strike a counter-argument to everything they say. I would say thats pretty negative, and annoying to everyone in here.

How is that negative? Are we not supposed to back up our facts or what we say? DixieBlizzard said that his temps would not even be record warmth and yet his highs will tie or miss it by 1 degree.

Haha, I'm not pissed off. Just posting an observation. When someone in the pattern discussion posts something you don't completely agree with, you're standing over them with a gavel ready to strike a counter-argument to everything they say. I would say thats pretty negative, and (Metallicawx is )annoying to everyone in here.

lol I removed the chaff.

Not your buddy, don't really have that ambition either. If anyone is calling it like it is here, pretty sure that would be me. I have been on these weather boards long before you, and will be here long after you. The sooner this forum gets rid of you the better off we will all be.

For the record, I am a glass half full kind of guy, but I don't wish cast. It was a nice "dig" by you to be sure, but it really doesn't bother me any, and I don't play that game.

November 2013

Ok. Your point?

November 2013

Ok. Your point?

Oh, you want the "nutshell" version of things?? Ok I can do that too......

You suck.

FYI...

A lot of times when we get a warm spell like the one forecasted two common questions are 1.) Is this normal? and 2.) When was the last time we were this warm this late? To answer those questions, first of all, no this is not normal for December, the normal highs this time of the year are in the lower 50s, not the 70s. That being said it is not all that uncommon either. Since 1980 at RDU we have had 24 days registering in the 70s after December 17th. The last time was 2008 when it was 71 on the 19th of December and 74 on the 28th. 1984 was the warmest year with 5 days this late in December or later above 70 degrees. 1983 was the last time that Christmas day was above 70 when the high reached 73 degrees.

This forum only allows post about cold possibilities or snow possibilities. It's like there is a Joe Bastardi/DT in almost all on here. You post anything about why or the possibility of it being warm, you get burned. So much speculation that goes on it's ridiculous, then when you disagree, you get burned. Look at what Brick just posted in the discussion thread, I can reply to that on why the hell that won't happen, but you all will get pissed off. Move North if you want cold.

Archived