• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December Banter

metalicwx366

A lot of members over the years have heard us from the RDU area talk about Greg Fishel, our local TV met.  Anyway, below is a tweet from him tonight which I thought was cool...

For weather enthusiasts out there, I would highly suggest checking out http://www.americanwx.com/models/index.html . A lot of great stuff including PV x-sections!

Wish we had some local TV mets from the Triangle on here.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of members over the years have heard us from the RDU area talk about Greg Fishel, our local TV met. Anyway, below is a tweet from him tonight which I thought was cool...

Greg Fishel@gbfishel1h

For weather enthusiasts out there, I would highly suggest checking out http://www.americanwx.com/models/index.html. A lot of great stuff including PV x-sections!

I have told him about amwx several times. I spoke with Nate Johnson the other day about it as well. It would be nice to see them post on here occasionally. I kind of doubt it'll happen though.

This is from Weatherkid#27

On the sports forum:

Hey guys! The time of year for college bowl games has arrived and I hope you're ready to pick them! I'll just save time and post the instructions I used in the thread last year. We had about 10 participants last year, but hopefully we'll have more this time around!

Basically all you have to do is pick the winners of all 35 bowl games and rank them in order of how confident you are in each.

For Example: Say Florida State is playing Tulane. I'm absolutely positive that FSU will beat Tulane. So I would put that game as my 35 point pick. If I get that pick correct, I get 35 points. If I miss it, then I would lose 35 points.

Instructions

Go to the link below and "Create Your Entry" Please name your entry according to your username here on American Weather.

http://games.espn.go...-mania/2013/en/

Once you have created your entry, go under the "My Groups" tab and select "Create or Join a Group."

Group Name: Americanwx

Password: Snow

Search for our group and join in using the info above.

If you have any questions or can't find anything just ask me.

Your picks must be in by Saturday, December 21st at 2:00 PM Eastern

Good luck everyone!

Got the water pump unbolted and hoses loose, but the temp was falling and I was freezing doing it. 39 when I called it quits.  So much for a warm Dec so far.  Plus when the upper low lifted out I got .4 of bonus rain last night, and I'm up to 1.2 on the day.  Keep this up until April, and I like my chances at timing. 

Is Brickbot up for  Weenie King  too?  I'd love to see that battle of the titans...the Big Weenie SlapDown, lol!  T

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

I am looking forward to the job hunt, which will be very difficult. However, I am excited about what the future holds.

Thanks again, and I look forward to posting good expert discussions about upcoming patterns, storms, and much more. Hopefully I will get a "first call" map at some point in the near future, because I am ready for wintry weather!

Ads?

Is everyone else now getting ads at the top and bottom of each screen?

I have a premium membership and I just noticed the rotating advertisement starting today.

Thanks

I have the ultimate subscription purchased on January 19, 2013 and expires January 18, 2014

Archived