Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember December 1983? Notice the freezing line.

Oh yes! I was in Savannah and we had a high on 12/25/1983 of only 27! At the time, it was the coldest high since 1917 for any date! Interestingly though, this was matched on 1/21/1985 and it was 5 degrees colder for the high on 12/23/1989 during the great SE coastal snowstorm for the 2nd coldest high on record for any date. The low on 12/26/1983 was a frigid 9, which tied the coldest low for any Dec. date.

At KATL, it was at or below 29 for three straight days 12/24-6 and then again on 12/30! They went down to 0 on 12/25, the coldest Dec. low on record!

Hey can we quit bringing up the torch bull**** or leave it in the banter thread? It's getting old re-reading the same people talking about why this winter is or is not a torch for their backyard, and it has nothing to do with pattern discussion.

Hey can we quit bringing up the torch bull**** or leave it in the banter thread? It's getting old re-reading the same people talking about why this winter is or is not a torch for their backyard, and it has nothing to do with pattern discussion.

Well there is nothing else to discuss but you all posting 15 days model runs or discussing how a 940 super bomb will affect our pattern.

Just so we all know who you are referring to.  Now it's in Banter.  Done.

And I agree with you - it is old.

Just so we all know who you are referring to.  Now it's in Banter.  Done.

And I agree with you - it is old.

Yeah I don't mean to get in an internet fight with any of the people quoted above, I just get tired of seeing it brought up when I'm trying to read posts about pattern, even if they are 15 day comments or on a mega low in Europe. :arrowhead:

Yeah I don't mean to get in an internet fight with any of the people quoted above, I just get tired of seeing it brought up when I'm trying to read posts about pattern, even if they are 15 day comments or on a mega low in Europe. :arrowhead:

I know you don't have ill intentions.  And I'm tired of talking about the same s*** too. 

People like metalicwx366 is why forums lose members and members who do stay lose interest.  Never has anything insightful to say, has a case of backyard"itis", and is argumentative at all costs with anyone that doesn't share his viewpoint.  No one wants to read that in a discussion thread.  Heck, I would guess not many want to read that kind of stuff in a banter thread either. 

It's ok to have an opposing viewpoint, I am sure most (I know I do) welcome the devils advocate side of things, but I don't know why moderators put up with his type of approach toward people.  I'd just ban him and be done with it.  I guess it's good that I am not a moderator.

People like metalicwx366 is why forums lose members and members who do stay lose interest. Never has anything insightful to say, has a case of backyard"itis", and is argumentative at all costs with anyone that doesn't share his viewpoint. No one wants to read that in a discussion thread. Heck, I would guess not many want to read that kind of stuff in a banter thread either.

It's ok to have an opposing viewpoint, I am sure most (I know I do) welcome the devils advocate side of things, but I don't know why moderators put up with his type of approach toward people. I'd just ban him and be done with it. I guess it's good that I am not a moderator.

Thank you. It seems that they're a few butt hurt mentalities on this forum. We are all limited from a geographical standpoint from winter weather, but if you're up in arms about the lack of winter in far South Georgia?? I lived in Columbus, Ga for five years, and compared to Upstate SC it might as well be a different country in terms of temps and weather.

Thank you. It seems that they're a few butt hurt mentalities on this forum. We are all limited from a geographical standpoint from winter weather, but if you're up in arms about the lack of winter in far South Georgia?? I lived in Columbus, Ga for five years, and compared to Upstate SC it might as well be a different country in terms of temps and weather.

Metaliccawx is butthurt all year round. Lack of snow, storms, hurricanes, hot temps, sandy vag, lack of rainfall.. you name it. Why this guy (and brickbot) is allowed to fowl up this forum is beyond reason. 

Archived