amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No makes sense, completely different regions.  We envy them with cutters and they envy us in CAD events.  I guess...

Still think it's all the SE.  You could probably make 10 more subforms based on climalogical and meteorological demarcation (sp?) zones.  Can't say I understand the change. 

No makes sense, completely different regions.  We envy them with cutters and they envy us in CAD events.  I guess...

Still think it's all the SE.  You could probably make 10 more subforms based on climalogical and meteorological demarcation (sp?) zones.  Can't say I understand the change.

Would make more sense in making a FL/Gulf coast subforum

Most of the TN guys (myself included) lobbied for the TN Valley subforum .  The southeast forum is often dominated by Carolina posters/discussion and there are very few posters back west into other parts of the TN Valley.  Other weather boards have been created by people in those areas to compensate IMO. 

My two cents says this is a good decision to accomplish board growth and is a natural split as conditions can be quite different on the west side of the apps vs the east side. Most people don't realize how diverse the TN valley is when it comes to weather and/or size.  I have said this many times before, but I can get to Canada quicker than I can get from Johnson City, TN to Memphis TN. 

I will still visit and post in other subforums (as I already do), but it's going to be nice to not have to weed through CAD discussions and other things that don't really apply to our area on the west side of the mountain if I am being honest. 

Yeah, I can see why there could be more subforums for different states in the SE based on the differences in climate. But the only thing is I think it could make traffic go down. I don't know. Maybe it is better for folks who only care about their state.

I totally understand and agree with the split. A majority of the discussions on these boards are focused on winter storms and the potential of winter storms. What happens, or needs to happen, west or east of the mountains is usually very different. I would say it would be more logical to have Raleigh in the same forum with DC than Nashville; heck even Knoxville.  

Would it make sense to consider having TN Valley topics and non-TN Valley topics but both still within the SE forum? Any opinions on this? Actually, the SE forum has had Florida topics since the start I think and that seemed to work ok.

Look at how the CentralWest forum splits topics up between subregions and it is a much bigger area with bigger wx differences.

No one cares to hear my opinion anyway...  <_<

You could split this country up into a thousand different unique areas and create a new forum for each one. But all you're doing is diluting the content and discussions. Sometimes I get tired of hearing how the mountains are doing but so what? I still want to see and hear the big picture, and I think I have enough knowledge to pick and choose the post that are pertinent for me and my area, and if you can't, you probably don't need to be up here anyway. 

Would make more sense in making a FL/Gulf coast subforum

That may or may not happen....one day.....maybe ;)    

How many votes do you need to secede from a larger forum?  Just askin'...  :devilsmiley:

Who's coming with me to the Catawba Valley Forum?  Only Catawba, Caldwell, Alexander, Burke, McDowell, Lincoln, Iredell, Gaston, and Mecklenburg counties accepted!!  :P

:lol:

The southeast forum is often dominated by Carolina posters/discussion and there are very few posters back west into other parts of the TN Valley.  

Most people don't realize how diverse the TN valley is when it comes to weather and/or size.  I have said this many times before, but I can get to Canada quicker than I can get from Johnson City, TN to Memphis TN. 

And I can get to Nashville quicker than I can get to Waycross or even Savannah.

If you have very few posters for TN before, you're going to have even less now. 

Most of the TN guys (myself included) lobbied for the TN Valley subforum .  The southeast forum is often dominated by Carolina posters/discussion and there are very few posters back west into other parts of the TN Valley.  Other weather boards have been created by people in those areas to compensate IMO. 

My two cents says this is a good decision to accomplish board growth and is a natural split as conditions can be quite different on the west side of the apps vs the east side. Most people don't realize how diverse the TN valley is when it comes to weather and/or size.  I have said this many times before, but I can get to Canada quicker than I can get from Johnson City, TN to Memphis TN. 

I will still visit and post in other subforums (as I already do), but it's going to be nice to not have to weed through CAD discussions and other things that don't really apply to our area on the west side of the mountain if I am being honest. 

If you do leave, I'm going to miss your posts, tnweathernut.  Stovepipe, Mr. Bob, John,... you will all be missed if/when you fly the coop.  I like reading TN Valley threads in this forum, but I fear I will rarely venture over to another sub-forum.  (It's a first-world problem that requires me to have to click on another link, and I know that there is help out there for those like me, but I have yet to seek it out.  :( )

And I can get to Nashville quicker than I can get to Waycross or even Savannah.

If you have very few posters for TN before, you're going to have even less now. 

I respect you Dacula, but that statement makes zero sense. 

Part of the reason TN people don't post more often here is that when they do it's drowned out by 100s of other (mostly NC) posts.  That's not a slam against NC people, it's just reality.  Someone from west TN that is looking for information about an ice storm about to hit their area has to dig through pages and pages of CAD talk just to find a mention of their situation.  Other forums have been founded as a result of this very problem here at AmericanWX.  I know these things because I've been having conversations with people about this for years.

The TN Valley sub-forum will grow and prosper, book it. 

Archived