amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know there's no chance of blocking anytime soon when you can't even get the 384hr GFS to throw you a bone.

Yeah I know right. Wake me up when we see blocking, it's torture looking at real cold diving down but no hope for a low bombing off of HAT :(

You know there's no chance of blocking anytime soon when you can't even get the 384hr GFS to throw you a bone.

Yeah I know right. Wake me up when we see blocking, it's torture looking at real cold diving down but no hope for a low bombing off of HAT :(

If it's not one thing that keeps us from getting snow, it's another.

But the players on the field look better this winter, blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, lack of fantasy blocking LET ALONE fantasy storms.  Man, I never figured I'd long for a NOVEMBER pattern!! :cry:

Forget blocking, just give me a +PNA with a trough in the east and I'll take my chances. 

I can at least hope...lot's of smoke for there to be no fire.

Tennessee went through something similar with a story that grew legs and really took off regarding Jon Gruden becoming the next head coach.  It was crazy to see that story "morph" into something and it even had me believing it (even though now it appears there was never really a chance of it happening). 

Not saying this is the same, but Alabama has the money to "match" whatever Texas throws at him (with the exception of giving him 1% of the longhorn network).  I guess in the end, his ego will make the decision (if there is even a decision to be made)

Tennessee went through something similar with a story that grew legs and really took off regarding Jon Gruden becoming the next head coach.  It was crazy to see that story "morph" into something and it even had me believing it (even though now it appears there was never really a chance of it happening). 

Not saying this is the same, but Alabama has the money to "match" whatever Texas throws at him (with the exception of giving him 1% of the longhorn network).  I guess in the end, his ego will make the decision (if there is even a decision to be made)

Precisely why I'm staying willfully quiet and unassuming.  Which is tough since Saban has done it twice. 

I never came close to record temps. Just stop it with the generalizing. I've had the HVAC on heat since the beginning of November. Last Thursday and Friday are the only two days I didn't run it at all (night or day). I never came close to the forecast highs either. you rely too much on "recorded" temps and averages, although unless you record your own data I suppose it's all you have. The SE is much larger than the swamp you live in.

Dude you have a +8 departure.

Dude you have a +8 departure.

Dude - no I don't.  But thanks for reading my point that your numbers are flawed. 

Dude - I'm at + 4.something (irrelevant) - and only because of 2 days. 

Dude - GSP doesn't record my temps, I do.

Dude - stating departures based on 9 days of temps is ridiculous.

Dude - mid 50's and mid 40's for highs on 7 days and the 2 days of 68 & 71 do not reflect averages properly.  It is flawed. fact.

Dude - stop it.

Dude - no I don't. But thanks for reading my point that your numbers are flawed.

Dude - I'm at + 4.something (irrelevant) - and only because of 2 days.

Dude - GSP doesn't record my temps, I do.

Dude - stating departures based on 9 days of temps is ridiculous.

Dude - mid 50's and mid 40's for highs on 7 days and the 2 days of 68 & 71 do not reflect averages properly. It is flawed. fact.

Dude - stop it.

First off, the numbers aren't flawed. The temps don't lie.

How do you know your backyard isn't flawed?

Because it is corroborated with 16 - yes 16 - different weather stations throughout the neighborhood, 1 from the town hall, 1 from my place of business and 1 from the elementary school 2 miles away. I'll even throw in my minivan thermometer for ****s and giggles.

It's all irrelevant anyway, because judging a departure based on 9 days of data is worthless, useless and completely unnecessary.

***EDIT***

And please school me on how this statement is incorrect:

"Dude - mid 50's and mid 40's for highs on 7 days and the 2 days of 68 & 71 do not reflect averages properly."

Are you really telling me that the above statement isn't true?

***EDIT EDIT***

Look man, we've had enough interactions that I've learned what I can and can't discuss with you.  This is not one of those things we can have a smooth convo about - you are sold on maps and averages, etc and I think they are a tool but nowhere near gospel.

In my 38 years I've learned that experience goes a long damn way - these temp departures and averages do not always work for every nook and cranny of the country.  You have no way to absorb that because you don't live in an area prone to strong and lingering wedges.  Your assertions do not apply to everyone, which is why I have problems when you declare that everyone torched the first 9 days, etc...

Archived