• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December Banter

metalicwx366

I'm vicariously living through the Mid-Atlantic posters right now as they experience their second winter storm in just a few days tonight/tomorrow. :(

The joys of living in NC.

But considering the date and last couple to few years.... your area and my area is doing decent but still not what it could be... Though I remember one time Danville , VA was blanketed in a foot of snow while here was a pouring cold rain(20-25 miles). 

But I do believe we could see some token flakes from atleast AVL,GSO,Roxboro,South Hill tomorrow before it dries out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The joys of living in NC.

But considering the date and last couple to few years.... your area and my area is doing decent but still not what it could be... Though I remember one time Danville , VA was blanketed in a foot of snow while here was a pouring cold rain(20-25 miles). 

But I do believe we could see some token flakes from atleast AVL,GSO,Roxboro,South Hill tomorrow before it dries out.

Oh, yes, I really shouldn't be complaining.  It's pretty unusual for us to see any significant winter weather this early in the season.  Oftentimes, it's still in the 50s/60s this time of year and I'm really not even thinking of wintry weather, such as last year when I scarcely glanced at a model until mid-January.  December storms are pretty rare and 2002, 2009, and 2010 are the only Decembers that I can remember producing here in recent memory.

Oh, yes, I really shouldn't be complaining.  It's pretty unusual for us to see any significant winter weather this early in the season.  Oftentimes, it's still in the 50s/60s this time of year and I'm really not even thinking of wintry weather, such as last year when I scarcely glanced at a model until mid-January.  December storms are pretty rare and 2002, 2009, and 2010 are the only Decembers that I can remember producing here in recent memory.

Agree and agree with those dates. Really even though minor we doing a tad bit better than those years.

Story on drudge about coldest temperature ever recorded in east Antarctica -135. Sorry can't post link

A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.

Since it was measured by satellite it doesn't count as a record.

I thought the coldest temperature ever recorded was - 129 in Vodka, Antarctica.

I thought it's currently summer in Antarctica.

I thought I posted info that answered these questions.

A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.

Since it was measured by satellite it doesn't count as a record.

Sorry I gave you too much credit. I thought I posted info that explained the points that have you confused.

Are you disputing the fact that it is rather cold right now in Antarctica for basically being summer?  If not, what is your point?  And why are you trolling regional obs threads?

6WffYbU.jpg

I am requesting anyone's help in gathering some information.  I know some of you have this stuff logged to memory :)

Where can I find an up to date map or table showing the year-to-date rainfall totals for all major cities in the US (from January 1st, 2013 - now)?

Thanks you crazy lot :beer:

I am requesting anyone's help in gathering some information.  I know some of you have this stuff logged to memory :)

Where can I find an up to date map or table showing the year-to-date rainfall totals for all major cities in the US (from January 1st, 2013 - now)?

Thanks you crazy lot :beer:

You may be able to get what you need from here (or it may be too generic):  http://www.water.weather.gov/precip/

Archived